Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know, i got a new car, a forester. Im in the process of a DIY to convert the stock radio to have AUX capability, now the next step is to get sub and amp hooked up. I know there should be a way to do it. ive looked around and cant find anything. Someone on subaruforester.org sugested a Rockford 3sixty.one or something, but i cant find anything like that.

any help is welcome guys, im sure theres someone here whos had experience with this.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
How did it feel to have all thos black folks up there for the texas relays?
Oh and I can't help you on this question.
Bump.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did it feel to have all thos black folks up there for the texas relays?
Oh and I can't help you on this question.
Bump.
man, traffic was nuts all weekend, and the cops were out like CRAZY! i was so paranoid, new car, with no plates. haha

relays, plus there was some classic car thing too, so there was a shit ton of people in town.

dont wanna buy my 15? $100, and ill deliver

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wyatt, where are you thinking of mounting the amp/sub?
well, the amp in my legend was under the passenger seat. then the sub was in the trunk.

dunno if i want to mount the amp to the back of the rear seat, and put the sub infront of it. But im getting a smaller sub so my grocery cover will still come out so i can cover it.

gonna go to Custom Sounds after work to see about how much install will be. they said they can install with OEM radio, so we will see for just how much. haha

got the AUX plug coming for the OEM radio.

also, might have snagged a set of WRX rims in houston, just gotta go pick em up, if i can get those, im gonna paint my wheels asap! cause ill have a set of spares to ride on till the others are done

·
Registered
643 Posts
To wire an amp from a factory radio that doesnt have a line output: get a line output converter. Then you need to tap into either the front or rear speakers. The rear speakers might be nice to tap into since u could have the amp in the back. You want to locate all 4 wires for the front/rear and figure out which is pos and neg and then you can splice it easily and run an RCA cable from the line output converter output to the amp's input.

OR: if you have an amp with "high level input" capability you can wire the amp to the 4 speaker level wires. Otherwise, a low level signal (hence the converter mentioned above) is necessary.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^FUCK Custom Sounds. I went there for a quote, they were $100 higher than any other place. they are notorious for charging you extra for not buying their subs and amps. Id go to Mothers before anyone else, they always do the shit i dont want to do. haha only they worked on my legend.

Im gonna install everything myself with a help of coworker. 4gauge Amp Kit, Line out converter to work with the factory radio, and thats it.

Done and done.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^So thats why I made bank there! :giggle:

Mothers Tint and Alarm? *cringes*

Let us know how it turns out-
haha, ya, everytime ive ever gone in there to get a comparison quote for something, i always end up leaving laughing at how much more their quotes are.

Mothers has always treated me right, i chit chat with the managers while im there and they like me, so they gave me deals on HU and installs. Theyve always been knowledgable, and very polite, unlike Custom Sounds. They always kinda seem to have a chip on their shoulder. I guess they expect everyone to be ballin out of control and be able to buy new subs and amps when someone gets a new car. Fuckin crooks thats what they are! haha

everything will go fine, ive done my research, and i have experienced people helping me. $60 amp/sub install FTW!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.