Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading about someone who had NOS in their car, and i was wondering what all had to be done. What exactlly do you have to buy in order to hook up NOS to my automatic G1. How much will it cost? is it worth it? When can you use the NOS? just at full throttle? pretty much, tell me everything about it. thanks alot.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
i have an 88 base model...no ABS or anything. looking at a 90 w/abs. my setup wont work.

You could plumb the nozzle in the elbow& it'd work just as well. as it is, i need to redo my intake. (Nitrous flow from Nozzle to Throttle body is being disturbed a lil)

what i did was make an extension off the throttle body (2-3"diameter rubber couplers & 1 3" diameter plastic pvc pipe; 3 inches in length
drilled a hole in the intake extension & plumbed the Nozzle there.

NOS install was from the book. pretty easy. tapped a hole in the trunk & ran the steelbraided line along the frame rail on the drivers side.

line runs up underneath the brake master cylinder. NOS Solenoid bracket was mounted around the coil. electrical was pretty simple

As far as activation is concerned. i have a master arm switch that's in the car. also in the circuit is the full throttle swich. circuit if both conditions are met. i also have yet to hook up a fuel pressure sensor switch. which will break the circuit if fuel press drops. (i have been bad for not hooking it up yet)

i did the stealth approach on the install. & ill post links to the pics tomorrow( on my work comp)

but im running tomorrow & im running an 80 shot. ill post the timeslip tomorrow...hopefully a 14.3 or lower....13's?????hahahah

BTW if you want the BIGGEST TIP.
buy the kit that was MADE for the legend. modifying a wet kit is a BIIIZZZNITCH..ohh the headache.

& do the install youself. Once it is finished you'll know how the system actually works & what does what.

hard to explain the details of what happened. NOS tech got alot of calls from me, Dv8 got alotta emails from me..hahaha

BTW, im still running stock exhaust on the car....ill probably do something about that tho...rapidlike

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
forgot to mention the kit is a lil over $500

money well spent if you ask me

that first GT you walk on makes it all worth it

mmmmmmm
like gettin head for the first time....err that was bad....but it's good!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the reply ricedogg. Some of it looks like greek to me at the moment, but i understand most of what you were talking about. So they actually have a kit made for the legends? Other than the NOS, have you done anything else to your car?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
where did you get the kit? Can you share the Link?

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
TALRUDEBOY said:
where did you get the kit? Can you share the Link?

Thanks
The kit was a hook up from a friend of ours, its actually a direct port kit for a 4 cylinder Honda but we just used the one nozzle as a fogger (so now he has 3 spares) :D

If you want an actual "Legend" kit I'd look at NX, NOS, Zex (maybe) websites...dont have actual links, you'd have to use a search engine

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
explain this "one nozzle as a fogger " setup ver. the others.

Is it the same Horses at the end after you match them up?

·
Registered
109 Posts
TALRUDEBOY said:
explain this "one nozzle as a fogger " setup ver. the others.

Is it the same Horses at the end after you match them up?
when you run direct port you tap the intake manifold and use one fogger in each intake runner and it sprays pretty much directly into the cylinder, when you do a single fogger you tap the intake itself and it sprays in your intake through the TB and into the intake manifold

the advantages of direct port over a fogger are that you get your whole shot into the cylinder (less distance to dissipate) and you get an equal amount of nitrous into each cylinder...whereas with a fogger you're spraying at a distance so most of the nitrous gets sucked into the first couple of cylinders (and Ive heard stories of people putting the fogger too far back on the intake and the nitrous getting heated up in the intake and exploding in the intake/intake manifold)

and yes, in the end it all adds up to whatever shot you want to run say a 60 shot....on a fogger you run the full 60 shot, on direct port you'd run a 10 shot to each cylinder
the advantage of a fogger are that the nitrous has time to cool the air charge as its getting sucked into the manifold and from what I've heard its safer (if done right...not too close to the manifold and not too far away)

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
according to NOS the best kit to run for the legend is a dry fogger kit.

direct port is made for high HP applications. an 80shot isnt considered that big of a shot.

The intake is just tapped before the throttle body & a nozzle is screwed in. when nitrous is flowing. the nozzle atomizes the nitrous & it enters the combustion chamber..voila more power.

a shot is determined by the jet that you put in the nozzle. the size is just how big the hole is for the nitrous the flow. the bigger the number..the more nitrous that flow..in turn the bigger the shot.

On a dry kit, there is another jet that is used that raises the fuel pressure.
According to NOS. My 80 shot is a .038Nitrous jet/ .042 Fuel jet
im going to call NOS again to confirm because Dv8 is running an 85 shot & he is using a .042NOS/.042Fuel Jets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts