Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
What type of Legend do you have, and what kit did you get? How much to install or did you do it yourself?

-Dave

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
88 Legend 4 door

I did give up on tuning up the legend. but someone had a brand new kit & made an offer i couldnt refuse.
I found someone to host my next run on wednesday.
So hopefully there'll be a vid on the net sometime soon

Im currently running a 50 shot & looking at the new intake i had to make im losing alot of the potential because the NOS is hitting a lip in my intake. most likely i'll have to mount the nozzle in the throttle body somehow.

I gave a 14.0 camaro a run for it's money on a test run. he didnt start catching up to me till the end of third. so i suspect that my car is mid-high 14's??

I'll be going up to a 75 shot for the street legal races this wednesday if anyone in the sac area wants to go.

I dont personally have a digi cam or a scanner, so whenever i get access to them ill take them. There is a legend meet on March 23rd that i will definitely show up to.

I rekindled my love for the car. It's amazing how well the engine is taking to the NOS.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CODY690 said:
im thinking of running a 75 shot ZEX kit and i think u just made me want it thanks for the info. what kit do u have?
It was a NOS direct port kit for a 4 cyl import. I converted it to a Dry kit :)

Im only running a 50 shot. gonna jet to a 75 shot on race nite:)...weather permitting:-(

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was a weird experience. The first time out i was expecting a kick or something jerky to happen. was just like driving it normally. my buddy was following me in his Z28 & he saw the legend take a big dip when i hit second. that & that fact it took him a while to catch back up :)

then again we'll see if an 85 shot will make the car kick a lil :D

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
welcome to the brotherhood.

It seems like it going to rain out this wed. damn. which plugs are you running?

do you feel any surging or loss in power in the mid to top end?

LEt me explain to you about spark plugs and why i highly recommend using the zex over any other for NOS apps. and yes this does mean MORE POWER-Lots more. and no bosch's will not work. ZEX they're only 30 bucks

Over the years there seems to have been a great amount of technical material written about the simple operation of a spark plug and what they can do in relation to the way an engine runs. There are a few basic characteristics about spark plugs that you need to know to make an intelligent choice about the correct spark plug for your application. First, and most important; a spark plug must be of the correct design to operate within the environment of your engine, not the other way around. This means that the spark plug has virtually no influence on how the engine burns fuel or runs in general. The correct spark plug will simply survive the conditions present in your engine. A spark plug must maintain a certain temperature to keep itself clean. The wrong heat range can cause an overheated plug or a fouled plug. The heat range refers to the temperature of the ceramic material surrounding the center electrode.

Lean air/fuel ratios are more difficult to light because there are less fuel molecules in the area of the plug gap when the plug is scheduled to fire; thus, projected nose plugs were designed for late-model lean-burn engines. Modern high-energy ignition also allowed larger plug gaps. All the while this was happening, something else happened. Something that no one seems to have really noticed as the real culprit when the issue of factory type plugs being used with nitrous comes up. We'd like to clue you in. Quite often, a factory type, wide-gap projected plug will produce a misfire condition after only a few seconds of nitrous use. The misfire is not due to the heat range. The misfire occurs because the ground strap of the spark plug becomes a glowing ember because it is too long to dissipate the extra heat produced by a nitrous-accelerated burn condition. The correct fix for this phenomenon is to replace the plugs with one that has a shorter ground strap. By doing this, you will shorten the path for the heat being absorbed by the ground strap. You can use the same heat range, you just have to find a non-projected nose plus with a shorter and preferably thicker ground strap.

If you only change the heat range of the spark plug to a colder heat range, you may very well still have the misfire problem. Since the length of the ground strap is the cause of the misfire, a colder spark plug may have the same length of ground strap as the hotter plug you replaced it with.

Spark plug gaps should generally be .030" to .035". Never try to gap a plug designed for an .060" gap down to .035". Find the correct non-projected nose plug designed for an .035" gap.

~Hybrid

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered the Zex plugs on Saturday..$13 bucks a pop. but i also picked up NGK's to hold me over until then.

As far as surging...i dont feel any of that. just pulls all the way to 6000. (havent got the balls to take it to 64 yet)

are spark plugs associated with the surging you were talking about?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im running a ZEX kit with Mustang pills. Thats boost the shot up to a 125 shot. I have been running this set up for about 6 months and not had a problem. The ZEX plugs DO NOT NEED A GAP it is a 3 prong plug and you cant gap them. i would recomend a bottle warmer and a purge kit to get the optimal use out of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The best time i got out of it was 9.32 in th1/8 mile.
That was with a NOS fogger kit with no pill (150 shot) oops oohhh well it held up it also had 18" Lexani Crystall wheels (42 lbs. a peice ) and all the T.V.'s. Just a little to ponder about.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
u mean your using a zex jet(nozzle) for use with mustangs engines on the legend?

do you by chance know what number jet that is? .047 .050?

what does the zex kit on a mustang come with as far as HP jets?
100-125-150?

What have you ran at the track?

If your shooting 125 thats really dangerous-i wouldnt go that far. NOS Techs told me that im crazy for going with an 85.

~Hybrid

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
oh i hit an 8.87 in a 1/8 mile with the 85 shot.

You car maybe fine now but, your engine may be taking a beating and your head gasket could be on its way out. when your water temp starts to rise and fall yur in trouble my friend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I work at a tuner shop in FL. I know it's crazy to run a shot like that but I could really care less I am wating for my motor to blow.
Thats really the only thing I havent touched is internalls of the motor.

As far as the spray the 150 shot was a NOS sniper system with no pill.

The ZEX kits are all the same kits 4cyl.-8cyl. it just uses different pills.They have different part numbers so they get the pills right.
The stang is pilled for 75 100 125
Nitrous Jet 40 46 52
Fuel Jet 43 40 38
Ignition Retard 0° 2° 4°

1 - 20 of 47 Posts