Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a used 92 Legend 2dr 5 spd with 130k, bought it 2 days ago. it was running fine then it started making a short moaning sort of noise off and on. I stopped at a service station and they don't work on imports. When I tried to start it back up it only spins. After spraying some starter fluid in the intake it tried to run. I found a main relay this morning and replaced mine. It started right up and ran fine. I even sent my son off to college in it.

I got a call a few hours later. He stopped for gas and then it returned to the previous symptoms and won't start. Fuel pump?

Thanks for the help,
John

· Registered
199 Posts
this may sound like a bad idea but it should get it started up to get to repair shop to find syptom.if you knock the starter under the car with a hammer it might work temporarily it worked for me when i did not know they had a kill switch hooked up to the starter.

· Registered
795 Posts
i dont think its the starter cuz if it was stuck it wouldnt "spin" it would click instead.

it could be a fuel delievery problem (fuel pump like u said), but what exactly do you mean by "spin", because if i were to take that literally i would be thinking worn out teeth on the flywheel would cause this intermittent problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.