Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to work i saw the a G2 sedan ahead of me(not quite a story, right) but it looked kind of odd from a distance, until i got up close and found out that, the odd things about this G2 were the emblem and lettering, it had the HONDA sign and read Honda Legend (even on the grill and the factory rims).I pulled up to ask the guy if the car came that way or he had it all changed but the driver (probably in his late 50's) quickly uttered out "no speak English" (sounded German or Russian). So, i said to myself wherever he came from, the car must have come with him.

Just sharing another legend experience. :D

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I doubt anyone would import a Legend into the US. It's not hard to exchange all the emblems to Honda, even some of the members here have done that.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
My friend in San Francisco has changed everything on his 92 Legend Coupe to read Honda. The front grill is the original Honda one, the rear badging all say Honda, the airbag cover was changed and also says Honda (Something many people overlook in their conversions) and the stock radio also says Honda as well. For those who don't know, the early model Honda Accord SE cars used the 2100 BOSE deck as well. What he did was remove the face trim from that deck and replcaed it in his Legend deck. You can't use the entire deck (Well, you could) because the SE Accord lights were a bluish color rather than our greenish color. Also, some people have said the SE Accord 2100 deck didn't have the steering wheel control input and probabaly didn't have the dual antenna.

The only thing that he decided NOT do do was change the ignition key to a Honda one. The reason is Honda Legends use those sqaure keys like the Lexus, so he would have had to change the entire ignition switch, and he thought it wasn't worth the money.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Sounds like you ran up on a JDM Honda Legend. I'm quite sure a few has leaked into the states. There are a few JDM CRX's here as well. You can tell they are JDM because they have a full glass roof and a few other distingushing features.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
ThaAcSwerver said:
Sounds like you ran up on a JDM Honda Legend. I'm quite sure a few has leaked into the states. There are a few JDM CRX's here as well. You can tell they are JDM because they have a full glass roof and a few other distingushing features.
The easy way to tell if it were a JDM Legend is by the right ahnd drive :) Coupe have been a European Legened though.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
ChrisK said:

The easy way to tell if it were a JDM Legend is by the right ahnd drive :) Coupe have been a European Legened though.
Oh yeah!! Thats right!! "THO!!" ( slaps hand to forehead ) Maybe European. Did he have sidemarkers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.