Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of 18x7.5 Konig Tantrums from my local performance shop on April 13. The owner called me back at the end of the week and told me that he called many places to try and get a set of Tantrums for me but everyone he called said they don't have anymore 18"s in the U.S. right now. Is this true?
Also, I then ordered a set of 18" Enkei CDR-9's on April 15, guess what!?!? I still don't have them! Can you believe that, and I paid cash up front?!? The owner keeps on giving me excuses to why they haven't been shipped yet and this and that. I have waited over a month now for my rims/tires. I think I am going to get my money back now. But is it true about the Tantrums? If it isn't, anyone know where I can order a set from online?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
It could very well be true as wheel mfgrs typically discontinue a model after a few yrs. Suggest you contact the wheel mfgr directly. A few yrs ago I tried (unsuccessfully) to locate a Fittapaldi wheel...even called Italy. Learned the hard way to (1) buy an extra wheel and (2) buy extra center caps. I immediately tracked down an extra Enkei wheel (which I was informed had been discontinued after 3 yrs) and ordered 2 sets of center caps. Suggest you do the same. Better than having to buy a new set of wheels.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankx for all your guys' input. I finally found a set of 18x7.5 Tantrums on my own. I guess sometimes it pays to just order things yourself instead of going through a performance shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts