Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
I would be interested if you would have time to check it out. Is there any service records? TB and WP replaced? A/C work? What doesn't work?
Original paint? The pic's are 9 months old. It's a long ways from Florida.....

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be interested if you would have time to check it out. Is there any service records? TB and WP replaced? A/C work? What doesn't work?
Original paint? The pic's are 9 months old. It's a long ways from Florida.....
I just called him and left voicemail. I'll set up an appointment when he calls back and take a good look at the car and post a review on here when I'm done. I'll try and be as thorough as I can!

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just had a long chat with the owner and he seems like a nice genuine guy. Older guy with family and wants to get a truck/SUV. I'm going to look at the car in a couple of hours so will keep you all posted! Will try and take better pics and do a thorough review of the car. According to our conversation, car has never had cooling issues under his ownership. Will get more details when I meet him in person. He gets it serviced at the place right round the corner from me, and I know those guys to be honest and reliable mechanics (a couple of friends go there) so here's keeping my fingers crossed.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn it, I just got notified of an unexpected meeting so now I can't go look at the car. We've rescheduled for Saturday. Sorry guys, but work is work. I did get some more info from him while talking:

1995 Legend KA8(coupe) L:
1. It's an A/T, not 6MT like the ad posted says (which turned me off right away, but for those still interested read on). No symptoms of broken mount.
2. The rims are Konig GT-R (17") and one of them is bent from hitting a pothole which also broke the inner tie rod and CV joint (DS). He is getting both the tie rod and CV fixed on Monday (with alignment). Doesn't know if he is going to fix/replace the rim (probably won't). Has ONE spare GS/LS rim in trunk w/tire as full size spare.
3. Aftermarket 'stubby' radio antenna.
4. No overheat issues, TB/WP done at 90K (current 135K) this is verbal only I have not seen records yet (will on Sat.).
5. Blower motor replaced in Fall 07, A/C works.
6. Car was painted before he owned it with 'lacquer' paint, not enamel (ie no clearcoat I'm guessing).
7. Paint chips/dings on front end from daily highway driving.
8. L trim level (no digital climate control).
9. Hood struts won't stay up.
10. Wear on drivers seat (no rips but lots of wear marks) and other leather (type F) is all near perfect. New OEM mats.

Will have more this weekend guys. Oh and also for those with the ability to gain more info: JH4KA8266SC000879

But personally, sounds like the car has issues, #6 raised major alarm bells for me. Let me know if anyone wants me to pursue this further.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what chip is that ??????
:rofl: I was so tempted to bring that up!! But car is priority one, antagonizing him can come later!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Not sure how much I am allowed to post but the major items from report shows it has been around the block a few times:
01/15/1995 New Jersey
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Longmeadow, MA Registered as
lease vehicle

02/11/1997 26,100 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Morrisville, PA Title or registration issued

11/04/1998 Pennsylvania
Police Report
Crash #1998126769 Accident reported
in Philadelphia County
Involving rear impact
Vehicle struck by another motor vehicle
Vehicle functional
CARFAX began reporting this information on 01/17/2008.

06/08/1999 77,362 Pennsylvania
Inspection Station Failed emissions inspection

11/18/1999 Pennsylvania
Police Report
Crash #1999132916 Accident reported
in Philadelphia County
Involving front impact
It hit a motor vehicle
Vehicle towed
CARFAX began reporting this information on 01/17/2008.

Owner 2
Purchased: 2002
Type: Lease
Where: Pennsylvania

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
03/12/2002 119,534 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Horsham, PA Title issued or updated
New owner reported
Registered as lease vehicle

04/09/2002 Auto Auction Sold at auction
in Eastern Region
Listed as
a fleet vehicle

04/16/2003 Auto Auction Sold at auction
in Eastern Region
Listed as
a dealer vehicle

Owner 3
Purchased: 2004
Where: Ohio
Est. miles/year: ---
Est. length owned: 5/13/04 - 11/4/06
(2 yrs. 5 mo.)
05/13/2004 119,601 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Cleveland, OH

05/28/2004 120,000 Ohio
Inspection Station Passed emissions inspection

11/04/2006 128,000 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Lakewood, OH
Title issued or updated
New owner reported

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I KNEW the paint thing would indicate an accident history. Well I'm done pursuing this car at the listed price of $3800. I'll see it on Saturday anyway jut to honor my commitment and put up decent pics in the thread. But I certainly would NOT pay the asking price. Hey I just noticed I've crossed a thousand posts, only 13,500 more to go to catch up with Pat :giggle:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I KNEW the paint thing would indicate an accident history. Well I'm done pursuing this car at the listed price of $3800. I'll see it on Saturday anyway jut to honor my commitment and put up decent pics in the thread. But I certainly would NOT pay the asking price. Hey I just noticed I've crossed a thousand posts, only 13,500 more to go to catch up with Pat :giggle:
Yeah good luck catching up with him in posts or his vette :giggle:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
1995 Acura Legend

Yes, I am interested in that. I called the guy but his VM is full. If you could take a look I am ready to buy. Give me a call if you might be able to do this for me. I am in Chicago, but could fly out if the car is as stated.

Michael
[email protected]

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I am interested in that. I called the guy but his VM is full. If you could take a look I am ready to buy. Give me a call if you might be able to do this for me. I am in Chicago, but could fly out if the car is as stated.

Michael
[email protected]
Did you read the rest of this thread? Especially my initial view as well as the accident history of the car? If you are still interested despite these then PM me and I'll see what I can do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts