Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have this weird problem. I got in my car this morning and it wouldn't start. But it's not the battery. If I crank it it doesn't even attempt to start. I can hear the master relay clicking over by the glove box. The car was in park, I thought maybe the park/neutral safety switch but no go there. I checked the shop manual and it refers to some kind of Starter Kill Relay I _THINK_ is what it was called which is in the inside fuse box. That did not appear to be clicking.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this problem? This weekend is the car show in Carlisle and I _REALLY_ don't want to miss it....

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
do your interior lights and electronics come on when you hear this sound? if they do, and u have power in the car, then it is the starter kill, but usually with starter kill u don't hear any clicking at all (at least in my experience) i'm guessing since you hear that clicking then it's not the starter kill and jrock's advice might be of help to you. let me know how it goes, i hope u can make it to carlisle.

·
Registered
393 Posts
*beats dead horse*
Same as they said... check your connections.
I had a very similar problem, I'd put they key in and turn it and there would be just enough power to move my steering wheel for a half a sec then the car wouldn't start. I checked my connections and one of my clamps wasn't connected to the terminal very well AT ALL. Just a thought...

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fixed!

Turned out to be a blown fuse. I checked all the fuses and they all APPEARED good. But when tested one of the 7.5 amp fuses was open.

Unfortunatly the car is at my parents house and I am stuck driving an 89 Camry till the weekend :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts