Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
what!
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OhGizmo! » Archive » Exhaust Air Jack Lifts Your Car With Ease

This Exhaust Air Jack is a work of pure genius. It is a big orange bag which you set underneath your vehicle. There is a hose coming out of it which you connect to the exhaust of your car. In about 30 seconds the bag will have inflated enough to raise your car up off the ground. There's even a one-way valve to prevent air loss if you decide to turn off your vehicle This will work on just about any surface, which isn't the same for traditional jacks. I'd say that $129.99 for one of these would be money well spent.

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,591 Posts
can you imagine when you release the air in that bag? imagine leaving your car running in your closed garage for 30 min... I know you don't leave the bag on for that long, but that is an estimate for time and space reference.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don't think i'd trust it though, if i were to get under the car. but +1 (maybe) if you're just changing the tires. would the backpresser up the exhaust be bad for the engine?

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Interesting but,

"Son, could you toss the pliers to the ground over here."

*BOOF*
*HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*

"AAAAAAHHHHHH"

Nothing deflatable is going to hold a car over my head.
You said it. It might be OK for a tire change, but no way I'm getting under the car using that beach ball!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
A flathead, a box cutting knife to cut hoses, some scissors, some sharp needle nose pliers, a sharp piece of sheet metal sticking out from the rocker panels, a powerdrill with a sharp drillbit being used under the car that accidentally gets sat down too close to the "balloon" and gets bumped while moving something, a metal grinder that gets bumped or someone trips over the wire and it slides quickly into the alloon, etc.

EDIT: you don't have to throw them around, they could get bumped, tripped over, caught on clothing, etc. Also a hot light bulb that gets too close for too long, or using a blowtorch or welder too close.

There's a million ways to poke a "thick" balloon, add a garage full of sharp heavy durable tools and a heavy car.
*boof*
*hhsssssssssssssssss*
AAAAHHHHHHH

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
That air jack is only good for emergency purpose like you get a flat tire on the freeway and need to replace it with the spare tire. It looks a lot better than using one of those crank jacks. I hate those things.

·
I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
damn, that's mad futuristic :lol:

I like it:) Lift it up, change the tire and put it back down.

or Lift it up and get some jackstands under it, go to the other side and do it over again...hot sh*t.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I think it's a pretty neat idea. I wonder what the specifics of it are. How does it achieve a proper seal between the tailpipe and the hose, does the engine generate enough pressure to inflate it at idle or do you have to rev it up a bit, etc.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
A flathead, a box cutting knife to cut hoses, some scissors, some sharp needle nose pliers, a sharp piece of sheet metal sticking out from the rocker panels, a powerdrill with a sharp drillbit being used under the car that accidentally gets sat down too close to the "balloon" and gets bumped while moving something, a metal grinder that gets bumped or someone trips over the wire and it slides quickly into the alloon, etc.

EDIT: you don't have to throw them around, they could get bumped, tripped over, caught on clothing, etc. Also a hot light bulb that gets too close for too long, or using a blowtorch or welder too close.

There's a million ways to poke a "thick" balloon, add a garage full of sharp heavy durable tools and a heavy car.
*boof*
*hhsssssssssssssssss*
AAAAHHHHHHH
You should never work on a car with it on that, unless its changing a tire. Anybody who works on cars knows that you dont get under a vehicle unless its on jack stands. You could use that to lift it to put jack stands underneath it though. I like it, looks easy to use.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
I wonder if it works with dual tip exhaust lol. ( :woot: past 2,000 post count)

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
946 Posts
I wouldn't trust it even for a tire change. Perhaps to get the car up and slide the factory jack in without doing all the spinning by hand. Still I wouldn't waste the money on that for $120. Just buy a bottle jack and laugh your way to the bank with your savings.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.