Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 days ago in 40 degree weather I decided to wash her. It was looking dirty and I just hate seeing her like that. It was the spur of the moment thingy. I slapped on some latex gloves and decided to go in. It kept my hands from freezing but anyhow I brought out the bucket and garden hose and just went to work. Washed inside out. After that sprayed on some quick detailer and just worked my way all around her.

Yesterday, spent 2 hours washing/waxing the GS rims and putting tire dressing followed by Zymol'in the leather and Armor All'd the vinyl trim.

Now I gotta go pick up the other gf at school for V-day hehe

just wanted to share that with you guys,
-jon

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I always fill the bucket with hot water from inside the house.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I've been there my friend, but hearing the word from people in my complex that i got the cleanest car out there.......makes it all worth the frosttttttttttbite:D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thats sweet.....
Who says a car cannot be loved on valentines day?:D

It will look clean until you are driving behind someone that decides to drive through a puddle, then you are back to square one again.

I washed my car last saturday because I wanted to look at a clean parked car until my car got the HG fixed (should be done tomorrow). I park on the street, and all the snow we had melted over the last four days.... I will say that my poor legend has never been so dirty... I was sitting upstairs and all I could here was splooosh splooosh. The snow from the road was melting into massive puddles, and cars driving by were displacing the water on to the legend!! At least the side facing the house was really clean though....

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Awesome dude...Ya, I've washed my car in the cold before....Not good when water accidentally splashes on you....I'm addicted to washing mine...

·
Registered
575 Posts
I give you guys credit. I used to be able to wash my car in the cold, but I just can't anymore, lol. I'm addicted to the car wash. No its not a drive thru car wash, its actually a place of business near my house that HAND washes and dries your car, vacuums the interior, dresses the dash, cleans your windows inside out, scrubs down each rim and tire and then dresses them, and last but not least detail spray. All of this for $15. I'm hooked:D

·
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will NEVER EVER take my car to a car wash! Just dont want other people touching my Legend..

·
Registered
166 Posts
aAHahAhAhah it's nice to know that I'm not the only one obssessed in keeping my baby clean n shiny. Anyhow, at home in the city, the owner of my local car wash (college point car wash) knows me now and he gives me a full service wash, wax, interior, armor all n stuff for 7 bucks. it's supposed to be 12. ^.^ he asked me for my name when I went twice a week for a full month and 1/2, taking both my baby and my sister's ride.

anyhow, now that I'm in school in Binghamton and it gets freaky cold here with madd snow. Just the other day, I walk out to the parking lot n my baby is white. covered in salt and all the road stuff from the aftermath of snow clean up. anyhow, it was 9 p.m. and the temp in the teens. took it to the self wash and cleaned her up and yes I was freezing in the cold n the damn water kept freezing up and I kept on slipping on it, on the same spot!!!!!!!!!
yeah, it makes me not wanna get in the car when my baby is all dirty. I like cars clean n shiny, esp our Legends. ^.^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts