Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking. Our cars have the same front rotors as the NSX does. Would it be possible to get a NSX big brake kit for just the front for a Legend? Say 13.5" rotors and larger calipers? They should fit, right? Assuming you have 17" rims up front.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure if it will work but it would be worth the effort.

In case you did not already know here are the vedors that make NSX BB kits:

Dali Racing: www.daliracing.com
Brembo Lotus starts at apx $3500
Aerorotor $600 for stock size front rotors.
Tarox starts at about $2500 for the 6 piston front kit, more for the 10 piston, a bunch more for the front/ rear kit

www.ScienceofSpeed.com
AP Can't remember the prices

KVR/AP
I do not think that RM sells the BBK for the NSX anymore but ICBW

C-Tech
Indy fronts $4-5k
Full front/rear $10k

http://www.ultimategarage.com/bbacura.html
about 2700 I think.

Good luck!

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info :) I knew the pricing would be somewhere around 3k... But for improved breaks in my Legend.... Might be worth it.. I'll have too look into this somemore to see if the NSX kits can fit a Legend.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just a suggestion. From your sig I see your cross drilled rotors. You may want to look into stainless steel lines for a better pedal feel, EBC Greenstuff or Redstuff pads depending on how you drive
and Motul brake fluid. This may help quite a bit without having to spend the big bucks on a brake kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's not quite that easy. The Legend and NSX use different spec rotors (other than diameter) so the NSX parts would not bolt up. I have been asked to make a kit for the 1G Legend and am almost done with it, and will start working on the 2G shortly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts