Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find any info on this rumour I heard. I'm not sure if they were talking about a G1 or G2, or even if they were blowing smoke up my a$$ or not, but anyway....

This guy says a long time ago he put some on a Legend for a guy. The man brought him the parts, and the calipers had 'NSX' scribed on them. The guy said it was a 90 Legend at first, but later on said 91, and I explained that those are two completely different bodies. Said he couldn't be sure, and this was in like 1995 or so, but it got me thinking.

Does anyone know where I can find specs on NSX rotor size, caliper bolt spread, etc.? They won't let me take ours out of the showroom, and I'm pretty sure this would have to be for a G2.(4-bolt lugs would be quite impossibe for an NSX rotor!) I don't have a G2 coupe sitting around either, but I got a Sedan with no motor. I'd like to know if there's difference between brake sizes there, too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
Seems that Type 1s can upgrade to the early NSX calipers, but Type II calipers are superior...96+ NSX calpipers required some modding...

Thats just info from a quick search...IM sure someone else can chime in...

And yeah youre right...NSX's on a G1 are probably quite an exercise in modification...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
fab your own brackets and you can put almost any brake set up on almost any car.. remember every other facet of honda guys (can) convert 4 lug to 5. so that may be the route you have to take

·
TopGear Fanatic
1,652 Posts
From Honda:

Front Disc (Braking System) Ventilated, 11.1 in. (282 mm) diameter,
28 mm rotor thickness
Rear Disc (Braking System) Ventilated, 11.1in. (282mm) diameter,
21mm rotor thickness

for a 1991 NSX. Gabe is right, the NSX calipers are closest to the G2 Legends (5-bolt hubs and all), the Type II calipers having 2 pistons I think? And the 1991-1995 NSX calipers are single-piston. Swapping hubs would be wicked if you have an NSX front brake setup sitting around :thumbsup:

·
Registered
196 Posts
From Honda:

Front Disc (Braking System) Ventilated, 11.1 in. (282 mm) diameter,
28 mm rotor thickness
Rear Disc (Braking System) Ventilated, 11.1in. (282mm) diameter,
21mm rotor thickness

for a 1991 NSX. Gabe is right, the NSX calipers are closest to the G2 Legends (5-bolt hubs and all), the Type II calipers having 2 pistons I think? And the 1991-1995 NSX calipers are single-piston. Swapping hubs would be wicked if you have an NSX front brake setup sitting around :thumbsup:
you know i have seen them around forums for sale...like this one for instance

FS: NSX Calipers - Toronto Prelude Club

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.