Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was studying the book for my G2 the other day and noticed a differential on a FWD, weird. SO I questioned myself, and realized that the engine was positioned parallel to the body because we share the block with the NSX, duh. Wouldn't it be cool if they made the G2 a RWD. NEways, Since the block is off a NSX could it be possible to put a VTEC DOHC NSX head on top of our block. Just for kicks. I know that the price to power ratio just doesn't make sence. Head Assembly ~ 3700$ and maybe ECU and who knows what else for a 40HP gain. Power like that could possibly be gained from just a set of header and P-Flow and chipped ECU.

And in the end, it's just a FWD car. ;-(

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
NSX doesnt share the same block as the G2.

3.0L NSX - C30A1
3.2: NSX - C32A
G1 Legend - C27A1

G2Legend has a block at a different degree. i can remeber off hand but all C series engines were 90degrees. & the G2 was a 60degree. i could have the angle engine degrees switched, but there you go.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
No really, by all means you explain. Im tired of this discussion, gather up $10,000, send it to me and ill make something happen.

~Hybrid

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So RicDogg, or anyone for that matter. Why would Acura go through all the trouble of placing the engine the way they did instead of like how the G1 is placed and the newer Acura's, eg TL. To me that would just be a rediculous design, putting a differetial on the trani to bring the power back forward, not to mention just one more weakness and loss of power.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Legends werent made to race bro. made for cruisin in Lux.

g2's got heavier. maybe the engine was longitudally mounted for weight distribution purposes.

& im not sure if you can even put traction control with on a transverse motor....

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Actually I remember reading an article on that. The Acura engineers said they did it for weight distribution, and lower hoodline I believe.

Like RICDOGG said, Legends are pure Luxury cars, and luxury cars have some power, they're not roadsters, or meant to be very "fast cars". Because all that luxury and style tacks on a lot of weight.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
RICDOGG said:

& im not sure if you can even put traction control with on a transverse motor....
Sure you can. The new CL and TL with transverse mount engines have TCS and VSA. Even the NSX which has a TCS system the closest to the Legend is a transverse mounted engine with TCS.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
RICDOGG said:
NSX doesnt share the same block as the G2.

3.0L NSX - C30A1
3.2: NSX - C32A
G1 Legend - C27A1

G2Legend has a block at a different degree. i can remeber off hand but all C series engines were 90degrees. & the G2 was a 60degree. i could have the angle engine degrees switched, but there you go.
Maybe it is switch, but I believe the G2 engine is a 90 degree. But while the block is not exactly the same, hence the C32A compared to the C32A1 for the Legend, the origin is the from the same. Just as you can bolt on any B series heads to other B series engines. However, I do not think the NSX head swap is a feasable swap anyway. I would have loved to have a DOHC VTEC Legend engine, but I don't think we would gain as much HP for the job involved. I would rather spend the money on Port and Polish, and extrude honing the intake manifold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts