Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
At least the passenger side door is still in tacked lol. I'm surprised he survived that crash. Damn street racers. When are they gonna learn.

·
Blackend Motorsports
4,239 Posts
2007 Honda Acura Integra huh? Amazing that the guy lived after that...gotta be over 100 easy to do that much damage no? It would make me feel better knowing that some NSX'r wasn't just racing a Civic and lost control. At least it was an EVO. Guess I'll head over to Prime and see what's being reported there...

·
I swag it out...
1,935 Posts
it still amazes me how cars break up like that.
Like, how the heck is the steering column just sitting in the middle of the road. Guess I need to go review my physics notes on kinetic energy.

I need to go holla at Reese

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Dibs on the drive train and leather seats.....damn thats one lucky sob to survive that!
I'd like some black nsx seats but I think those ones are wasted, they are all yours Gabe. I'd like to get my hands on parts of that motor even though I don't have the money or the skill to utilize any of it.

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,476 Posts
NSX Crash in San Diego - NSX Prime

"iiilgsrlll"
The car is a 97 NSX and he is a member here although he rarely posts. For all of the speculation, the car has had no body work so you can pretty much eliminate that. Chances are, the other car probably wasn't a Civic. "Tuned by Reese" is an Mistubishi EVO thing.

Though street racing is a possibility, nobody knows the specifics. As you can all see, there is so much incorrect information being thrown around by witnesses and the media right now. He is a friend of mine and is lucky to be alive. Please pray that he pulls through this and point the finger later once the FACTS are out.
I know it's human nature for some to start pointing fingers but no matter how obvious things may seem, everything is still speculation until the investigation concludes. Some of you guys are crucifying the car's owner like you all don't have any skeletons in your closets yourselves. It is possible that he could have had a lapse in judgement but nobody knows for sure. If he was in fact doing what everyone claims then by all means but that is neither here nor there at this point.

My friend is in an induced coma right now and still in ICU. They are unsure if there will be brain damage or whether the brain will start bleeding in the next few days. The biggest concern is a blood clot that is heading towards his lung that has not shrunk and could be fatal. They are monitoring the situation very closely.

His parents were not notified until almost 11pm last night and had no idea the accident had occured. Other friends had to do the deed and I couldn't imagine having to do what doctors and policemen have to do as part of their jobs.

So if you want to bombard him with blame or "you should have known better" type stuff, feel free to man up and go do that in person. Otherwise, have a little respect and save it for later when he's able to defend himself.

Thanks.

·
Registered
994 Posts
The induced coma indicates a very serious situation. I lost a close friend on January 21, 2008 from a serious head injury like the NSX driver. It really does'nt matter if he was racing or not; he has paid the consequences many fold. If he survives there is a chance he will have some permanent ramifications. The effects of these accidents is far reaching. His family is affected, his co-workers, his NSXPrime family, etc. His P.I.P. coverage was used up the day of the accident at the hospital. If he had health insurance the benefits are being consumed at a voracious rate.

Very sad. Hope he does okay.

Dave

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,591 Posts
sucks that he was unfortunate enough to have a wreck like that, but thats what you get for street racing. "wait until he can defend himself" yeah, thats what everyone did with the BMW driver who killed him and 4 (or was it 3) friends, no he could never defend himself. you take these situations and point it right at how dangerous street racing truly is.

yeah, definitely an NSX and there is no point in an NSX racing a Civic. i wonder how old this dude is, apparently not old enough to realize how dangerous street racing is.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.