Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matt or others who know vBulletin.

How does the board count messages? I'll know for a fact that I can post 3-4 messages in a row and it will still tell me I posted 0 messages for a few minutes, then sometimes at the end of spending maybe 2 hours, it still says 0. So, when does the system update or calculate that number?

Does it count all the posts you remove/delete in a thread or just the fact that you clicked the Submit New Thread button, it counts it as a post and if you delete it, it's irrelevent.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I'm not sure what you are talking about tells you you posted 0 messages in a certain amount of time. If you delete one of your posts, it is taken from your listed amount of posts, listed in each of your posts....

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt Whelan said:
I'm not sure what you are talking about tells you you posted 0 messages in a certain amount of time. If you delete one of your posts, it is taken from your listed amount of posts, listed in each of your posts....
Like right now, I have 389 posts. If I post this message, it should say 390. Then later, if I reply to another post, it should say 391. But, while I am posting those 2 messages, it keeps showing 389. Then maybe when I log back in the next day, it will be updated to 391.

Still :confused: ????????

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Crap, I just noticed what you are talking about tonight(or this morning:)), I will inquire about it on the Vbulletin support forums. Thankyou for your patience.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a problem. It just struck me as kind of odd why it counts Posted Messages the way it does. It's like there's some sort of Cron Job that runs to retrieve the latest values from the database.

Matt Whelan said:
Crap, I just noticed what you are talking about tonight(or this morning:)), I will inquire about it on the Vbulletin support forums. Thankyou for your patience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.