Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am obsessive lover of the LEGEND! I didnt even know they existed until last summer.I drive a nondescript domestic car that was the baddest thing on the highway until that day! My car is really fast and since I had just gotten it I was unaware of its power,my previous car being a Ford Tempo that only goes up to 80 on the dial! Well I found myself pulling away from every one on the highway, and if we stopped for a light,it was like when I looked in my mirror it seemed like they didnt even know the light had changed ,they were moving so slow! Well, after a couple of weeks of this ,I was actually challenging people and beating them! The key is that my car is very fast on the takeoff. So one day this black car pulls up to the light and the race was on! I floored it! Unfortunately though by the time my pedal reached the floor,that car was gone!Twice this happened! I had to laugh! I had finally been beaten and by a LEGEND!That was the beginning of the love affair! I love this site and would really like to meet someone that actually owns one since I have only seen them as they whiz by me on the hwy. I cant seem to catch up to them! I was really excited to find that there were others like me that were obsessed with this car! I dont have a LEGEND but my next car will be one!This site is great. Dont ever stop!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Man i live in Gwinnette county man i will meet up with you. I got a 92 2-door with some 18in rims and lowered. Tell me when u wana meet up this weekend sometime. Tell me your undefined domestic car!!?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hello, my name is jerry and I am an obsessed Legend owner:rolleyes: . I have been trolling these boards for info for a couple of weeks now and this site is awesome, have'nt found a better place to get my Legend fix yet.

You can meet up with and maybe even touch someone else's Legend, but that's no substitute for having your own (insert subliminal: buy a Legend, buy a Legend, buy a Legend, buy a Legend):D

Jerry

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Yes, it's love of the Legend. If you do some searching, you will see what I mean.

Everytime I walk away from my car, I look back at it, and smile :)
It's not the fastest car, it's pretty quick, but it's ride, features, luxury, and appeal, it's soo much, my type of car. Amazing for something early to mid 90s.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
Welcome to our board. Once you have succumbed to the Legend you will undoubtedly be seeking one for your own. IMHO, the G2 has this ageless beauty that can be rarely found today in the car industry with similar match in luxury, quality, and performance. It's slow off the line compared to other sports sedan b/c of the weight, but once it gets on the highway tho, it's good as gone. Plus, I love how it's so quiet cruising at 100+mph that I don't have to turn up the volume on the radio like I did w/ my old crappy Oldmobile. I'm just grateful that the previous owner had care for it, as I will baby it for the next 250K miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!

I know that you will all be there to encourage me in my ultimate pursuit of the LEGEND which I some day hope to have. For those that want to know...my nondescript car is a 2001 DODGE NEON! It is fast!!!:rolleyes: But,alas, its not a LEGEND:(

·
Registered
699 Posts
DODGE NEON?? and were you actually winning alot of races?? what were you racing, Echos and Insights? But yeah you need to get a Legend.

·
Registered
238 Posts
HAHA

Acurate420 said:
DODGE NEON?? and were you actually winning alot of races?? what were you racing, Echos and Insights? But yeah you need to get a Legend.
I know thats what I thought before I drove one. Those little things can be made to move. My friends 17 year old little bro got one about 2 months ago and has been dumping every dime he gets in it. I drove it a few weeks ago after he was talking much trash about how he would beat my Legend and my friends BMW 540i. His dad would have killed him and my friend if we raced so instead we drove his car. It dose have getup but would get killed in a race, (he doesnt know how drive). But it lacks the muscle that im accustomed to. He swears that when hes done he will be running a 1/4 mile in the low 13's.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
treena said:
I am obsessive lover of the LEGEND! I didnt even know they existed until last summer.I drive a nondescript domestic car that was the baddest thing on the highway until that day! My car is really fast and since I had just gotten it I was unaware of its power,my previous car being a Ford Tempo that only goes up to 80 on the dial! Well I found myself pulling away from every one on the highway, and if we stopped for a light,it was like when I looked in my mirror it seemed like they didnt even know the light had changed ,they were moving so slow! Well, after a couple of weeks of this ,I was actually challenging people and beating them! The key is that my car is very fast on the takeoff. So one day this black car pulls up to the light and the race was on! I floored it! Unfortunately though by the time my pedal reached the floor,that car was gone!Twice this happened! I had to laugh! I had finally been beaten and by a LEGEND!That was the beginning of the love affair! I love this site and would really like to meet someone that actually owns one since I have only seen them as they whiz by me on the hwy. I cant seem to catch up to them! I was really excited to find that there were others like me that were obsessed with this car! I dont have a LEGEND but my next car will be one!This site is great. Dont ever stop!
Welocome Treena,

I'm sure you will have no problem in Georgia meeting up with of the guys like Cody, Leon, etc... They'll take care of you. They all seem to know their stuff when it comes to the Legend. I myself have a G2 LS Coupe Pearl White, 18 chromies. Unfortunatley I'm toooo faarrr away to make the meet. You already have one thing in common with most of the Legend owners here, you like to race ! ;)

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
treena said:
Welcome Treena,

I'm sure you will have no problem in Georgia meeting up with some of the guys like Cody, Leon, etc... They'll take care of you. They all seem to know their stuff when it comes to the Legend. I myself have a G2 LS Coupe Pearl White, 18 chromies. Unfortunatley I'm toooo faarrr away to make the meet. You already have one thing in common with most of the Legend owners here, you like to race ! ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
treena,
Welcome to the real world of Legends. It is our pleasure to receive a new member regardless of what you drive as long as you know what you should drive. In due time... keep your eyes open on ebay and you can get a killer deal. I'm sorry I have moved to the other coast or I would surely be attending the upcoming meet. Maybe someday when theres a national meet in the middle :D . Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually, I was racing against Honda accords, Toyota Camrys, Jettas and such.Never Camaro's or Mustangs or anything that looked fast,Im no fool! Only the Honda civic had me worried but I won the race that time because the dudes girlfriend started panicking when we reached 105mph! Like I said before, the key to my winning was that my car is very fast on the takeoff and maybe some people are afraid to do over 90mph.:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome Treena. Its nice to have another female on board, unfortunatly you wont see much from me due to my crazy schedule but when I get a few minutes here and there I try to post where I can so that the other females wont feel so alone. After you go through this forum you will want one even more so, you'll find that there some nice go fast stuff you can put on the car that will make the Legend even more desirable, so be warned and have fun, these guy will take good care of ya. Talk to ya later.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.