Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TEXAS PSYCO
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a pair of 94-95 2D OEM fogs from AOA for $356 shipped (ouch but had to have oem) and want to be able to turn the fogs on independently from the headlights meaning that i dont want the headlights to be on in order to turn the fogs on. I know tyson's brother wired his this way and he is tring to find out for me but wanted to know if any one else had any ides.

Also, Went to the junkyard and found a complete OEM fog harness with switch so if anyone wants to wire up aftermarket fogs into the oem system, they are for sale.

·
AKA Carlton I3anks
2,581 Posts
I just picked up a pair of 94-95 2D OEM fogs from AOA for $356 shipped (ouch but had to have oem) and want to be able to turn the fogs on independently from the headlights meaning that i dont want the headlights to be on in order to turn the fogs on. I know tyson's brother wired his this way and he is tring to find out for me but wanted to know if any one else had any ides.QUOTE]

This is EXACTLY what I need to know! Any input from anyone?

·
TEXAS PSYCO
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what you have do is give the relay power from another source. it can be your parking lights, or run a +12v from the battery.
sounds easier than it is. I need a how to. still hittin up tysons bro. He wired up his that way.

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
are you trying to wire from scratch? in that case its pretty easy.

ground the - from the fogs into the chasis.
find a + power source of your choice and run it into the 85 on an SPST relay. You can use a wire tap for this. Feel free to put a switch on any part of this wire.
ground 86.
run 87 to the + on both fog lights.
run 30 to the + on the battery and put a fuse somewhere along the wire.

that is exactly how I did the fogs on my friend's car, it has worked flawlessly. I tapped into one of the headlight's + for signal power. You can tap it into the corner light or the ignition if you want.

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
I just picked up a pair of 94-95 2D OEM fogs from AOA for $356 shipped (ouch but had to have oem) and want to be able to turn the fogs on independently from the headlights meaning that i dont want the headlights to be on in order to turn the fogs on. I know tyson's brother wired his this way and he is tring to find out for me but wanted to know if any one else had any ides.

Also, Went to the junkyard and found a complete OEM fog harness with switch so if anyone wants to wire up aftermarket fogs into the oem system, they are for sale.
cool, I'm the 1st to ask...what do you want for the OEM fog harness w/ switch? which switch is it? courtesy lights + TCS + fog button?

sending pm now, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts