Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought my Legend ran great, definitely much more youthful than its ripe old age and mileage of 146k. MPG in the city I still manage to get around 17 to 18. Regardless, recently I decided to give it a bit of TLC and have the injectors serviced by WitchHunter (link).

After installing them... !!!OMG!!! It's like I just drove a new car off a dealer lot. The idling was calm but the best part was getting the car rolling. The throttle response was night and day in comparison from before. The acceleration was so smooth I almost had to adjust my shifting habit (manual trany).

This has to be one of the most significant maintenance improvement I have done to date. Those of you with high mileage I highly recommend this service. Two big thumbs up for me :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

· Registered
994 Posts
I have used this guy a number of times. He lives only a few miles from my house. The differences between a dirty injector and a matched set of clean injectors is a very noticable improvement. What was the flow balance %?

Dave

· Registered
95 Posts
I would like to do this once it gets a little warmer, but I am confused on how you get the injectors out. I know you have to remove the injector covers that say 3.2L, but what do you have to do after that. Sorry if I am asking a question that has most likely already been answered.

· I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
hey if we can get a "GB" thing on this going on, I'm in for it.

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have used this guy a number of times. He lives only a few miles from my house. The differences between a dirty injector and a matched set of clean injectors is a very noticable improvement. What was the flow balance %?

Dave
Well, I didn't send in my original injectors. Instead, I hawked a set of injectors off ebay in good condition with fewer miles than mine and sent them in for cleaning. Luckily they were all working with balance result of 5.3% before cleaning. After the service they were 0.9%. Wooo Hooo!

By doing this I was able to just swap injectors without having the Legend out of commission.

Drove it again today and man, what a difference! Starting the car requires only a quick twist of the key and 'VROOOOMM'.

I would like to do this once it gets a little warmer, but I am confused on how you get the injectors out. I know you have to remove the injector covers that say 3.2L, but what do you have to do after that. Sorry if I am asking a question that has most likely already been answered.
Yup... that's the first step. It's quite simple actually and shouldn't take more than an hour. Leaning over and working in the middle of the engine is a real pain in the back. I should do a DIY on this soon.

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$17 per injector + $10 shipping. The only thing I had to purchase was seal rings. They turned it around in 2 days after receiving the package. The total invoice was $112 + shipping to them. Folks, this is the price of a tune up and can absolutely help the environment by running a bit cleaner. And if you can save a couple of bucks at the pump, in the long run it's a money saver.

· Registered
994 Posts
Mello....:

A friend of mine recommended him. I gave him a call and told him I wanted to bring some injectors over. I dropped them off and picked them up the next day. I was real happy with the results. The vehicle was my injected Goldwing.

The next injectors came out of my Legend. My before imbalance was 6.2% The after was 0.9%. The car ran much better. The next week I made a 400 mile trip to Southeast Washington. It was a hot summer day with no wind. My mileage was 33.25mpg. That is the truth. The car has an automatic transmission as well. I confirmed the mileage with my GPS.

As for WitchHunter, Gordon does a great job with injectors. He really does not like to have customers come to his house, this includes me. He likes having a mail-order business. I think his service is a bargain at $17 per injector. I really like the reports of the results. I have had a positive result everytime I have him clean a set of injectors.

Dave

· Yeah BABY!
970 Posts
This is going on my to do list being that I'm at 190k. Thanks for the info.

· Registered
417 Posts
I thought about getting mine done. I checked online for rebuilt injectors & they run $50 - $120 each.

I have an old Integra that was starting to smell like gas. I replaced all of the washers & O rings on the injectors & this did not help. Turns out, the injectors were leaking. I replaced them with new aftermarket & this fixed the problem.

Are the Legend injectors easy to remove / replace?

· makes his putts....
710 Posts
#1. Remove both plastic fuel rail covers. 4 10mm bolts.
#2. Remove 10mm (x4) fuel rail mounting nuts. Also remove passenger side fuel rail grounding bolt. 10mm
#3. lift wire harness off of fuel rails. Lift fuel rails off injectors. Just lift them out of the way. No need to completely disconnect them. A small amount of fuel will spill out of the rails, no biggie.
#4. Pull injectors out of intake manifold one by one and disconnect them from wire harness. - I used a small right angle pick tool to unsnap the small metal clip from each injector. A small flathead screwdriver will work as well. Leave the clip on the harness plug. *be careful with each injector, they are expensive. I rested each one on a rag while I disconnected the metal clip* Leave the plastic rings in the manifold that the injectors sit in. Leave the rubber grommets on the top of the fuel injectors, they replace them as part of the injector service.
Thats pretty much it. Estimated time approx 30-40 min. The little metal clips on each injector can take some time if your not familiar with them.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.