Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I say we start an "Official" Common Problems List.
I know for sure on Legends at least:



-Radiator
-Master Brake Cylinder
-Vehicle Speed Sensor
-Antenna Mast Problems
-Heat Shield Getting Loose
-Master Window Switch Going Out
-Front Bose Speakers Mess Up
-Glove Box Dampner (Causing Glove Box To "Slam" down)







Anyone else care to add?

I did not include Head Gaskets, because I believe most cases of those going bad are due to a faulty radiator. I'm talking "common" problems, that seem to be Legend Specific, not due to maintainance and such.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
ThaAcSwerver said:
Glove box anti-slammer (or whatever its called) Ya'll know what i'm talking about.......... Soft opener.... slower downer.... :confused:
I know what it is, glove box damper. It is easy to repair actually though. I repaired mine successfully. hehehe..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
not a fixable problem but...

i've noticed that in legends as long as some other acura's that my friends own, that the transmission shifts real hard from first 2 second. i don't think that's a fixable problem if anything, but just thought i would point it out cuz for the longest time i thought something was wrong now i don't think so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
I think we missed a few....

-fluctuating/rough idle
-door actuator
-hood struts failing
-warped rotors
-heat shield rattle
-AC odor
-rubber molding seperation, corner window (coupes)
-ignition key switch lockup
-bose amps failing
-steering wheel shimmy
-door handle cable detachment
-bad leather
-Movement/play in the seats
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Re: not a fixable problem but...

94legendsedan said:
i've noticed that in legends as long as some other acura's that my friends own, that the transmission shifts real hard from first 2 second. i don't think that's a fixable problem if anything, but just thought i would point it out cuz for the longest time i thought something was wrong now i don't think so.
That's true about most honda's as well.
 
G

·
Yeah waht's the day w/ the AC smell I thought I just needed to clean mine.

Also the crack in the center ac duct On my coupe...
the creeks and cracks every so often.
door squeaks when openeing and closing.
 

·
OG Member
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
WOW all these problems with our Legends!! :( Im just going to take mine to the junkyard:rolleyes: :p Yeah right, I LOVE MY LEGEND, lucky me I haven't experience a lot of problems with mine (KNOCK ON WOOD).
Alexander, how did you fix the glove box?? That's one thing I've been wanting to fix since I got my Legend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
I know it seems like they should last forever, but I think MANY of you have forgotten exactly how old you cars are. In comparison to other cars, I think the few mechanical problems I've had have been almost expected. Long live the LEGEND :D !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
DSCLegend94 said:
WOW all these problems with our Legends!! :( Im just going to take mine to the junkyard:rolleyes: :p Yeah right, I LOVE MY LEGEND, lucky me I haven't experience a lot of problems with mine (KNOCK ON WOOD).
Alexander, how did you fix the glove box?? That's one thing I've been wanting to fix since I got my Legend.
Well, you need to remove the glovebox for sure. I used the bullet connector for connecting two wires together, and crimp it. It works perfectly like new now. You also need to trim some of the cord, because most likely it will be a bit stretched already. But you have to remember to put the cord again on the loop behind the glovebox. Not that hard to do, very simple yet effective fix.
 
G

·
-Rear Bose Speakers Cracking
-Change getting stuck in the passenger seat :p (I just took mine out and took some of the panels off of it and the change just started flowing, now my ride is so much quieter)
 

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
Joined
·
310 Posts
Definitely the master power switch is a common problem b/c it breaks even during typical wear and tear, and b/c w/o it you can't roll up/down the passenger windows.
 
G

·
my problems:

Rear speakers cracking, piston gasket leaking, dash lights going out, heat shield on muffler loose, AC blower clicking, that's about it. Mostly minor, but the piston gasket leak has me kinda scared...:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
-Rear Bose Speakers Cracking
-Change getting stuck in the passenger seat :p (I just took mine out and took some of the panels off of it and the change just started flowing, now my ride is so much quieter)
HAHAHAHA!!!!

I don't think change getting stuck in the passenger seat is a problem. It's actually pretty nice, when I'm short in change or need some quick change for tolls or soda or blunt or whatever, all I have to do is reach into the passenger seat and get change. My friends get so pissed cuz they lose so much change but that's good for me! :D

So that may have been done on purpose from honda, cuz it sure as hell benefits the driver!
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top