·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Honda Legends...

tegfelt said:
>SAE net horsepower is 161.

Not necessarily...
Thank you for the input. You are correct, the US Spec Legend has 161, and it was rated higher elsewhere. However, I believe that the numbers for non-US cars are on other scales (DIN in Europe, JIS in Japan). Therefore, they cannot be directly compared. I will list the other numbers in the FAQ (along with the other info I have recieve- thanks guys) the next time I get a chance to update it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, thanks for the Legend info there!
So my legend is more powerful than you guys huh?
Aw well!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Vince, as the moderator, can you move threads to others forums? It just seems that there are many performance and modification threads in the "First Generation" forum that should be in the "Performance and Modification" forum. Is the moderator going to move these to keep the divisions clearly defined or is it up to the orginal poster where the thread resides?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Rick90Legend said:
Vince, as the moderator, can you move threads to others forums? It just seems that there are many performance and modification threads in the "First Generation" forum that should be in the "Performance and Modification" forum. Is the moderator going to move these to keep the divisions clearly defined or is it up to the orginal poster where the thread resides?
That is a good question. There is some gray area as to whether these threads should be moved or not, since the topics could belong in either forum. Since we are a smaller community, I don't feel that posting those topics in this forum is causing too much clutter. However, if the members feel otherwise, let me know and I will do what is all of you think is necessary. The only threads I have moved or deleted so far are ones that go to off topic or for sale forums, and double posts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
vince said:

That is a good question. There is some gray area as to whether these threads should be moved or not, since the topics could belong in either forum. <snip>
Please keep them here :)

I believe some of us on 'the other side on the pond' only read 'First Generation' ; mainly as we have Rovers/Sterlings with the same 2.5 and 2.7 engines.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
rover827 said:

Please keep them here :)

I believe some of us on 'the other side on the pond' only read 'First Generation' ; mainly as we have Rovers/Sterlings with the same 2.5 and 2.7 engines.
Welcome to the forum. I hope you find a lot of information here (I think I wrote something about Sterlings in the FAQ, didn't I?). Do you have any pictures of your car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
ticking-leaking-ripping

I'd like to add some back-up data to your FAQ gatherings.

I just purchased an 88 sedan with only 88K on it. It was leaking oil around the valve covers and stinking things up pretty bad. I also noticed a heavy ticking about 1-2 minutes after starting the engine. I caught some of the previous threads on engine flushes and gave it a try. I used the type you add and idle for 5 minutes and then change the oil.

Long and short is all my ticking is gone at any temperature. I also noticed that because I flushed out the synthetic the previous owner had always used and switched to regular recommended oil my valve leaks stopped even with high rev's and high speeds.

The other problem I had was the grey leather was cracked up pretty bad and really took from the rest of the cars clean interior. I stumbled on some fake leather seat covers on ebay. They have the letter "HS" on them and look great. I can get a pic and a contact if anyone is interested. The set covered the front and back seats and totally changed the vehicle without really looking like covers. $85 with shipping--probably got took but I can't find them anywhere else...

Thanks guys, I really like this site...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts