Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I'm coming home from a party and it's pretty late, I think it was around 2 am. As I pull up to the red light, I notice a red Firebird with a decal on the rear windshield saying "Import Killer". I wasn't sure if it was a v6 or a v8, but I figured what the hell, I gotta show this guy something. So I pull up, look over and rev my Type I. The light turns green and we take off. We're neck and neck through the first two gears, but he gets into third and takes off. He was about a car length away and I thought it was over. Then I got into fourth, and he was history. I blew by him and never looked back. Later on we met up at a light. I roll down the window and ask, "Did you kill me?" with a big damn smile on my face. Damn it feels good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
how to spot an american v6....

mustangs, camaros, and firebirds make it easy to figure out which motor they have....

tail pipes.....
one for a v6, 2 if its a v8. of course, you can always look at the rear tires (245 or more vs 225) and if its an SS, WS6 Ram Air, Cobra, etc, its easy to notice. of course those are the ones we cant beat.

but any sob who thinks his v6 pos is hot sh!t deserves a beat down

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
YEAH BABY:D ....i've noticed that Tins aren't that good on top end, hella off the line though

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think it was around 96 or 97, i'm pretty sure it was a v6, but modded big time. he had 18" wheels and dual exhaust (not sure if it was a true dual but he had dual exit). and when he revved the engine, i'm almost positive he had an intake and possibly headers. it really rumbled. but i smoked it! hehe
i passed him at around 60 i think...

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
I rented a drop 'Bird last summer on business....SUCKED big time....fast but no high end torque (over 80, as Future said, no power!!)

Anyway, when I returned from my trip, I got my bro to race me in my coupe.....HE SPANKED ME

And the diagnosis of how to tell the difference is true

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ugh, gonna get flamed...

I love my Legend, I have a 94 six-speed coupe. It's so luxurious. It's really quick. It looks like a million bucks.

But it's not as fast as a Z28 or Trans Am.

The Legend is my second car, a third generation Camaro RS V8 was my first, and it still holds a place in my heart. I also worked at a Chevrolet dealership for over a year and have driven tons of Corvettes and Camaros.

I can guarantee that any 5.7 liter equipped F-body could whoop on any stock Legend if they are equipped with like transmissions. Even my car, a lowly, automatic, CARBURATED 5.0 V8 RS topped out at 130 mph after I cut the limiter.

Of course, we all know the Legend is far superior than these live-axled, OHV engine equipped cars. But if you pull up beside a V8 Camaro or Firebird (ESPECIALLY a newer one), be smart and pretend you didn't see him.

Oh yeah, one thing I know from working at the dealership is that you can get dual exhaust for the V6 versions of both cars. I would say put down your window and stick your ear out. You'll know.

Peace,
Jason520

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dsmkiller- i've got an '02 weapon r dragon intake w/ ram air, port n polish, 17" wheels, toyo tires (z-rated), and remus exhaust. oh, and eibachs and konis. she's a clean machine.

jason520- the bird i beat wasn't a v8, he would have torn me for sure. he had a v6 with mods.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Triton3K said:
Thats a good kill. I came close to racing a firebird once but there were cops around and me and the other driver knew it was way too risky so we let it go.
No flmes but I had my legend up to 140 with room to go...so high end we have a chance unless its a newer z28 which can top out at like 150

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm sorry, but a 1993 Camaro z28 has 275 HP and 325 pounds of twist from an engine that is bigger by 2.5 liters in a car that weighs 100-200 pounds less...It just doesn't work out, even if the Camaro is geared for acceleration.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Those Camaros are damn quick, I drove a '97 Z28 with a better exhaust and it flew. As long as you know how to shift it they will smoke any Legend. You are right though, the V6s are underpowered, they are fun to toy with though:cool:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah the V6's are really junk. Not too bad these days with 200 HP though... Even my 1991 Camaro's engine was pathetic, and I had a V8. Like I said, it was Carburated (TBI, actually). It was a 5.0 liter and only made 170 HP! LOL!! It had one of those little round air filters on top of the engine like in 60's cars.

It's this inefficency of american cars that made me go Japanese. After selling cars at a dealership that had Chevy and Chrysler, you realize this first hand. Sure, a new Z28 has 305 HP, but an NSX is close to that with a 3.2 liter.

Imagine if Honda made a 5.7 liter!!

Let's see, if a 3.2 can make 290 horses, then a 5.7 (178% larger) should make 516! Such an engine would be worth whoring for, I think.

Well wasting time until class is over. Peace.

J520

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.