Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw a 95 legend ls coupe with only 37k miles. it says that it is a stolen recovery in mint condition. it was sitting in police impound i beleive for years that is why the miles are so low. my question is.....what does a salvage title really effect? if i plan to keep the car for a long time. does it make a car worthless?
help me so i make the right decision

i also found a 90 coupe with only 75k miles and it looks mint as well. but that is for all the g1 collectors. i am a g2 only guy
mark

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
obviously i will have a certified acura mechanic look it over. but does it mean it definately had damage. the guy said it has no dmage exept the title is salvaged. the pics looked pretty nice.
if i get it below book value i guess it is worth it to have. i will just keep it till it dies and keep it as new as possible until then, if i get it somehow
mark

thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yo,
Post the V.I.N. and ask for a carfax. This is a fairly cheap way to find out some information that may be useful in determining what happened to this car.

Ghost

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
DEFINITELY have it checked out. from what i seen in those pictures, it looks like all it did was sit there in the impound lot/garage for however long. type II engine, silver, black interior,37k. if everything checks out, this car is a fu ckin steal(no pun intended), and you would be, no offense, stupid not to scoop this car up. sheeeit, i might even take a trip to go check it out since its in NY.

btw...did you see the 90 Legend cpe with only 28,000 miles? pffff,brand new almost. but then again so is that 95 with only 37k.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Okay if it was held for evidence maybe something not so nice happen inside of it. Maybe a body was found in the trunk or someone was shot point blank in the front seat. I dunno... but I would feel weird knowing that someone was dead in my car

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
FuSioNpNoY said:
Okay if it was held for evidence maybe something not so nice happen inside of it. Maybe a body was found in the trunk or someone was shot point blank in the front seat. I dunno... but I would feel weird knowing that someone was dead in my car
HAHA!! - gotta love those active imaginations. ;)

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Octane said:

HAHA!! - gotta love those active imaginations. ;)
LOL..

Maybe it was Osama's weekend getaway car.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i will be checking it out soon to see if its good. i am very concerned about it but will have it inspected to make sure about it. i spoke with the guy and will meet him soon. it ends up i know him and he friends with people i know so i will hopefully do business with him if all is good. he said if it checks out good to me its all mine.
so ill let you all know

·
Registered
143 Posts
hidden goodies

when you get it, take out the seats and cut into them to see inside! cut out the headliner too! you might find a bunch of hidden drugs or cash!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you know i think that is a good idea. i always see that in the movies and you never know. cars have many good hidding spots. im sure the cops do that or the person who bought it from the cops. id prefer the cash over the drugs.

·
Registered
702 Posts
mr29rose said:
you know i think that is a good idea. i always see that in the movies and you never know. cars have many good hidding spots. im sure the cops do that or the person who bought it from the cops. id prefer the cash over the drugs.
yeah, but i don't think that's realistic...especially if the car has been held for several years, you can bet it has had every single crevice or possible spot on it searched and/or sniffed...so i don't think it's likely to find anything.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
A vehicle having an altered VIN will create problems with your DMV. I agree that impounded vehicles do not remain in impound lots for years. You need to run a CarFax even if you have to pay for it yourself.

My 92 Legend CPE LS was a NY Theft Recovery. I have a salvage title affirming that it is a Theft Recovery. I also have a copy of the insurance Damage/Loss Statement indicating that the vehicle was found about 90 days after being stolen and after the insurance company had paid out. The vehicle was missing its Bose tuner, speakers, and console woodgrain...nothing else missing or damaged.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts