Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know if you guys know that it hailed in southern maryland right around the PG area last night. well if you look to your left that exactly where i am. i dont have a garage or car port to put my baby in so i had to leave it out side. well it hailed heavily for maybe 5 minutes. i thought my car survived yesterday. but this morning i went to go help my mother at the gas station (she forgot her purse) and went i get out to my go in front ofmy house i notice about 8 nice dents in my trunk:(. when i get to the gas station i walk around the front of my car and i have more than 20 dents of variying sixes from 1 cm diameter, to 1 cm radius (2cm wide) dents. on my roof 5 more about the same size on the trunk, theres is 2 on my passenger front fender about the size of a penny. the Hail was the size of Ping-Pong Balls. *sigh* there goes my "at least it looks good" agurement.

please help me, do any of you know a paintless dent removal company or what can i do to help bring my baby back to the glassy body it use to have (had not a dent in it, body was completely smooth).

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
www.dentwizard.com

They have a shop in Rockville. Done a few on my car. Not the cheapest.

Also Auto Dent Care in Rockville on Randolph Rd (just down the street fron Dent Wizard) 301-881-8080.

This type of damage is covered under the comprhensive section of your insurance. It should not raise your rates.

30 dents is going to run a pretty penny. You should get some estimates before you file a claim. They could total your car. My neighbor had over $2000 in hail damage to her RL and it was less extensive than you describe for yours.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have full coverage but i did not know that it wouldn't raise rates. are you sure it doesn't, really im on my mothers insurance.

Dave, the dents aren't really deep but they are wide. i'd give them about 1-1.5mm deep. except on the fender where one is about 2-2.5 mm. im glad none of my windows broke. though the windshield was cracked (small chip) already, do you think i could get it replaced under the insurance. this is really a blower. i doubt they will total it but they might because thats a hood repair or replace, trunk repair or replace(gold emblems), roof repair, fender repair or replace.

what do you think it will cost off hand.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Well I guess it all depends on how good your insurance company is. Talk with your agent/underwriter. Major companies like USAA, AMICA, GEICO do not raise rates for "non driving related" loses.

I have hardly noticeable damage on my trunk and was quoted $385 up at last years Tri-State meet (and that was a bargain rate). Trunk lids and hoods are more expensive than other panels because of all the reinforcing that has to be worked around.

Personally I think you're looking at $2-3K. If I remember right Dent Wizard is $90 per up to quarter size.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can vouch for Dent Wizard. They do a pretty d*mn good job. They do the work for my local Acura (but I didnt go through them :) ). Anyways I had bout 8 diff. dents in various places. So I called the guy up and met him at the BMW dealership where he was finishing up. Did the dents and told me about $125 (I only had $120) so he said thats fine. He even told me that he usually charges $150 per door panels. and I had like 2 per door. ($600!!). Boy was I happy. Only took him like 30 minutes too. Good luck bro.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dent Wizard is AWESOME... I once saw a guy fix a Jag trunk that hat been HIT BY A BASEBALL BAT... Seriously dented in and he somehow made it look like new! How the hell do they do it? It was at a local BMW Dealership...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.