Acura Legend Forum banner

oh no... do i have a speed sensor prob???

827 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  FutureX 2001
Hi, My 1994 LS coupe started doing something funny today.

The speedometer is reading low (say 40mph when I'm going 70) and the needle is erratic. Sometimes after coming to a stop it works normal and then it will read low.

Now... for those of you that have experienced the vehicle speed sensor problems ... does this sould like what i have?

(2) where is the best place to buy the replacement sensor?
(3) where is it located?
(4) could it simply be loose (or the connection loose>??)
(5) how easy is this to install? should i take it in or do myself?

Thanks

tom
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
VSS

it sounds pretty compatible to a VSS problem...does your D4 light start blinking too? if not, and it really is a VSS problem then it should start blinking. you could go to www.a-hmotorsports.com <----i'm not sure of the exact link, for a replacement VSS it should run you around 90 bucks.
Yes, that sounds like the Vehicle Speed Sensor, I have not yet repaired mine, it started doing it about a month back. I doubt it would be loose, it more than likely needs to be change, it is a common Legend problem. Should run you $70-90 for the part itself. It is located near the transmission, but I am not sure exactly where. I have heard, it takes about 1 hour to install, and the toughest part is actually getting to it, i.e directly underneath the car, etc...
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.