Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I go an oil change late oct, or early Nov. 2001... At Acura, they said that I should come back and get the oil changed 3 mo. or 3,000 miles... I've only driven 800 miles since the oil change Highway and street driving never over 85mph.. Is it safe to ride on the oil until the 3,000 miles reaches or should I get it changed because it 3 months???

P.S. I'm a broke ass College student. trying to wait as long as possible to change it.... Otherwise, if I was home I would change it regardless...

·
Registered
139 Posts
You should be fine on the oil you have now. You should still check it periodically and see if it's getting black. Normally the time won't matter, it's just the mileage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dude you need to start changing your own oil, If you buy the stuff in bulk it will save you some money, and get you in touch with your ride

·
Registered
424 Posts
I must agree w/ 6pearl. I love working on my LEGEND * WOOOO HOOOO * Do ur own oil change, and change it evry 3,000 forget about the time frame. Juast aslong u check it and it's not dark black ur ok. Don't forget to check ur transmission fluid!.:)

P>S> I WANT MY NEW WHITE LEGEND!!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suck..

I would but I can't get under the dam car to get the filter... i've tried...:(

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Know I know

My dumb ass will probably jack it up and the coupe will fall on me! j/k yeah that might be an investment when I ge back to ATL...:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Time is a factor...

If you are seeing a lot of changes in temperature condensation inside the crankcase can be a factor. There can also be some issue with exhaust gas blow by getting into the crankcase. The mixture of exhaust gas and water can lead to acid forming...no, not that kind of ACID...that all said, I agree with the others, you are fine but don't let it go longer than a year regardless of mileage. Also, it does help if you go out and "scrape your 19's" for at least an hour once in a while. Does any car, especially one getting limited miles, a world of good to spend an hour or so at normal operating temperature. I have this same issue with my 1967 Ford Galaxie. And don't forget when you put the new filter on, be gentle, no need to crank it on.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish!

I wish I had some 19's to scrape... I drive the ride everyday to and from school... but i'm only 5 mins away so thats mabey a mile a day....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts