Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
There's gotta be some way. In my brother's old '86, he replaced the engine with a rebuilt one and it came with the screw-on filter. It was still a 2.5L engine. I haven't really looked at it close enough to tell if there's something you can just bolt on or not.
Those same thoughts go through my head every time I change my oil. :(

·
Registered
114 Posts
oil filter

sure you can.all you have to do is take the front tire then take the plastic peace covering the lower pulley and you are going to see the filter housing.now there would be 3 long bolt holding it,unbolt them disconnect the hose that goes behind it then just pull the fk thing out and put the screw in style.I feel you pain because it happend to me but not that bad.I have one engine out of my car if you want I can take some pictures showing the housing and how to replace it.post your email and I will walk you thru it .

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: oil filter

terry said:
sure you can.all you have to do is take the front tire then take the plastic peace covering the lower pulley and you are going to see the filter housing.now there would be 3 long bolt holding it,unbolt them disconnect the hose that goes behind it then just pull the fk thing out and put the screw in style.I feel you pain because it happend to me but not that bad.I have one engine out of my car if you want I can take some pictures showing the housing and how to replace it.post your email and I will walk you thru it .
That would be great to know where everything is.

·
Registered
114 Posts
no problem anything that I can do to help my legend brother.see I cant post pictures because I dont know how someone told that I need a site to host it .so again post your email this way I can send you the pictures.if you can post them along this message that would help other people.I will do my best to take as many pictures as I can to make things easy for you.if you just need another good euro style housing I have one because I changed my 2.5 with the 2.7.

·
Registered
703 Posts
C25A1guy said:
The reason I ask is because I snapped a stud torquing the bolt on, so now I'm w/ 2 bolts holding the f*cker on. So far so good, no leaks, but it's not gonna hold too well.... I don't think.
I took mine to the dealer about a year ago when they were having their complimentary oil change deal going on. They snapped one of my studs when they were changing the oil too.
I didn't know they did it until the next time I changed my oil, so I didn't bother trying to get them to replace it. I just bought another set of studs from the other Acura dealer in town. They were only about 2 bucks.

Terry. would you mind e-mailing me those pics also at [email protected] ? I'd appreciate it. I have a spare engine out of an '89 I can get the parts off of.:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
oil filter

sorry guys I could not get back with you on time I had many things going on .anyway I sent both of you a picture of the housing out off the engine.I will send you more tomorrow.let me know.thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.