Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I noticed some oil drops on my driveway and was concerned. I took my 91 Sedan for oil change and when he brought the car up, I went under and looked at it.

The guy told me that most likely gasket in oil pan was leaking.

How expensive is this to fix and will it lead to other problems?
What should I do? I'm a little concerned.

·
Registered
699 Posts
If its just a gasket i dont think it should be to expensive to replace..but if its the whole oil pan that needs replacing it is expensive. im getting a new oil pan right now and the mechnic quoted me like 400 for the pan and like 450 labor. i just went to the junkyard and got another pan for 100.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with a leak coming from my oil pans drain plug. The threading was almost all the way gone. I went as far as ordering a new drain pan from Acura Augusta. A day after the pan arrived a fellow forum member suggested that I buy an oversized plug to cut the a new thread in the pan. I did it and it worked beautifuly. It's been about three months and I haven't had a drop of oil come out. I got the plug from a local auto store. I can't remember the part number but it shouldn't be too hard to have them find it. All I remember is that the screw has a "OS" printed on the top that means oversized and the screw gets fatter towards the top to cut new threads. There is also a double oversized if the single one doesn't work. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.