Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, what's going on guys? Long time no post. So I've been wondering about this one thing that's been happening for as long as I've owned the car. The oil light above the tach will (completely) randomly come on and blink. I thought this meant there was low oil pressure, not oil level (it's stay's on solid if the oil level is low right?). Anyways, the oil level is fine (synthetic Mobil 1 10w-30) and whenever I stop and re-start the car the light always goes off again. I'm thinking the sensor is just faulty, 'cause I used to be scared when the light came blinking but now I've driven 20 miles on the highway with it on and no apparent problems. What do you guys think?

Also, just recently, occassionally when I try to start the car I will turn the key and all the accessories will come on but the engine will not crank. I'll try a few more times and wait a bit and the engine will finally fire up. Any ideas on what's up there?

Thanks for the input guys.

· Registered
2,973 Posts
On the oil light......that happens on my '90 Coupe also even though I have a new oil pump and oil level sending unit. I do as you do, turn the car off..then back on....and it'll go away. This happens about once or twice a month.

As far as issue # 2....could that be a main relay problem ??

· Registered
1,292 Posts
Sorry guys ....its not likely the sending unit. If you do a search on this forum, you'll find the blinking oil light is most commonly caused by a bad circuit board in the instrument cluster (the circuit board that the oil light is connected to) ...and that the most economical solution is to replace or repair the circuit board. A new board at the dealer is less than $60 ...a used one about $10 ....or you can simply re-flow the solder on the existing board. Problem is caused by the aging and cracking of the solder joints on the circuit board ...usually due to age and heat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.