Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys here some pics... im gonna try to sell her for $1200 tell me what you think i could get out of it... in your honest opinions..

The Good
New Spark Plugs & Wires
New Fuel Filter & Dis Cap
New Cv Axles in front
New Timing Belt/Water Pump
Just drained and Refill The Transmission 3 weeks ago
New Main Fuse Relay.
New Inspection this month

The Bad
Valve Cover Gasket Leaks
Transmission shifts fine, other night it wouldnt go over 25 MPH, it was weird
Seats are very bad dirty
CD Player quit working
Damage on right side of car.... bought it like that though
Needs Allignment & 4 New tires
Car has 147,073 Miles

Im just tired of fixing it.... Im feeling I need something new... hopefully i can get 1200 for it.... i hope so i dont want nothing less for it... what do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
i would say thats a pretty fair price for what you've got there. huge selling factor is that you have already done the timing belt/ water pump.

also when you did your flush and fill did you use genuine honda atf?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt flush it... it was a drain and refill and it told the guy to use honda fluid and he said that was best too for it...

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Seats are very bad dirty
CD Player quit working
Car has 147,073 Miles

Im just tired of fixing it.... Im feeling I need something new... hopefully i can get 1200 for it.... i hope so i dont want nothing less for it... what do you guys think?
Clean up the seats and take a peek at the stereo! That way you can be even more firm on your price of $1200... List it at $1300 maybe?

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
if people are like me, they dont like to click on links to see pics, no offense.

Clean up the seats and take a peek at the stereo! That way you can be even more firm on your price of $1200... List it at $1300 maybe?
might even want to look into swapping out the deck for a cheapo one, be it from ebay or wal-mart or flea market. could probably pick one up for $50 and it will be a direct return if not a little extra back.

i think you could get $1200 for it, just make sure to list it for $1500 so when someone "jews" you down, you go go as low as $1200 without sweating it.

·
489,000 km's stil going
1,014 Posts
if people are like me, they dont like to click on links to see pics, no offense.

might even want to look into swapping out the deck for a cheapo one, be it from ebay or wal-mart or flea market. could probably pick one up for $50 and it will be a direct return if not a little extra back.

i think you could get $1200 for it, just make sure to list it for $1500 so when someone "jews" you down, you go go as low as $1200 without sweating it.
Nice advice Murderotica, it would be funny if a potential buyer saw this post so he knows about the price and he is Jewish. Ouch!

Sadly in Canada I doubt you would get $500.00 for the car. People are pretty picky here. The car would have to be in really clean shape to get over 1K.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
:werd:

might even want to look into swapping out the deck for a cheapo one...it will be a direct return if not a little extra back.
Very good advice. People [generally] don't want to buy a car just to have to put money into it--and that includes audio upgrades.

Exactly, gotta leave that extra cushion to make the buyer feel like they're bringing you down from your asking price like they're getting a bargain haha.

Nice advice Murderotica, it would be funny if a potential buyer saw this post so he knows about the price
Hahaha yeah, just really unfortunate! =p

Sadly in Canada I doubt you would get $500.00 for the car. People are pretty picky here. The car would have to be in really clean shape to get over 1K.
Really? That's insane! In that case, I know where I'll be purchasing my parts car. haha.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well since i have all my records of changing the water pump timing belt ect. id figure a radio wouldnt be that big of deal to replace, knowing how people are picky about what kinda stereo is in there car.

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
have you driven it since the car wouldnt go faster than 25mph? was it a fluke, is it still doing it?

also, good point on the radio, maybe you should really list it at $1500 (dont mention the stereo in the ad) and then when they start talking about price, say, "yeah, i was going to do $1500, but since the cd player JUST stopped working, ill knock $xxx off." personally i'd do $100 since you are $300 over your preferred price. they will probably also mention that it needs new tires and try to knock more off, like another $50-100, so i could see you getting $1250 easy if you play it right.

good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no it was a fluke, when im on the highway she drives like a new car.... idk why it did that. and thats a good idea about what you said i never really thought of that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts