1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im MAD as HELL

Mad I tell Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok here is the deal

My 1995 LS Coupe door lock posts, you know those things you never use at all since we all have keyless entry systems LOL

Anyways, on the G2 coupe when you lock the doors those things go flush with the door, and on my newly acquired 1994 GS Sedan
the dammmm lock posts stick way up when unlocked and when locked they stil stick up above the door by about a half a inch!

It sucks because I like to put my elbow or arm out the window and since the Sedan has shorter doors than the coupe, my elbow sets right on top of this dammmmm door lock post

Is this dammmmmm thing adjustable????? :(

Im going to cut the dammm things off with a hacksaw!!!! :) LOL

or do these un-screw like the old american cars?
can I replace with a short one or aftermarket one if this really bugs the S_it out of me????:mad:

In any event, IM JUST DYING TO HEAR what you all intend to do about it!!!!! :p

Laterszzzeres

James S.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hahaha :D
In my GS I always rest my arm on the door when driving and the damn lock sticks up into my arm too. I got used to it though. I don't think there is a way to fix it, but I thought I would just sympathize with you. :D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
LoL,

I never put my arm up there (I always use the armrest, and usually have the AC on so I roll up the windows), so I wouldn't know if they come off. My G1 Coupe has them go all the way down, and you're right the Sedan doesn't do that.

After thinking about it, I think I figured out WHY they do it. On a 2-door coupe, if you have little children in the back seat, they might try to pull up the door lock and possibly cause a problem. That's why they go all the way in. On the 4-door this isn't a problem, because the lock is generally out of reach, and the 4-door has that child proof door lock where it can only be opened from the outside (if you move the latch thing, I think)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HEY!

I do it with the windows up too! LOL
I just put my elbow on the rear edge of the door top against the window when im in the (im totally board driving home mode0
or the sun is in my eyes and prop my arm and hand up to cover my left eyebrow from the setting sun.

James

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
You'll get used to it. I just look at it this way, it is there to keep your arm company....:D :D

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MUUuuuuuhaaaahhahahhahah
son of a *****!

There comiing to take me away hehe ha ha ho ho :)

where is the icon for one pulling their hair out of their head????

Thanks for all your remarkable replies!

I feel much better now

(going to garage to get the hacksaw!)

Anyone got any Legend Foam! :D

Done Deal

Thanks, James

·
Registered
655 Posts
Pierce/Drill hole in your elbow

just kidding, yeah i would cut the very tip off, save it, cut middle off and glue tip back on so it looks flush with the door. U would have to mark the amount it retracts when locked and unlocked and cut 1/16 inch more and glue on when unlocked and lock when u want it flush.I dont really know if it will work so ask Chrisk he would probably know what to do.:D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
James S said:
MUUuuuuuhaaaahhahahhahah
son of a *****!

There comiing to take me away hehe ha ha ho ho :)

where is the icon for one pulling their hair out of their head????

Thanks for all your remarkable replies!

I feel much better now

(going to garage to get the hacksaw!)

Anyone got any Legend Foam! :D

Done Deal

Thanks, James
:D It'll be alright. At least you know the rest of us suffer from this problem too. :D

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
actually in my L sedan they screw off, i think u can replace them if u find shorter ones, when i was installing my front speakers i tilted the door panel and it snapped one in half, so i found out the hard way, lol, but i screwed it back on and it's fine.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool Thanks, I will get those suckers trimmed down abit than

cant wait to post pictures! :D

I called Acura, and they were amazed at this oversight

They told me sorry about that, and what if anything they could do
to make up for my being uncomfortable in the car.

I simply said, that when the New LEGEND comes out you can
call me and fly me out to the plant so as I can be one of the
1st to drive this car!

Amazingly, they said Ok, we can do that, we can add you to our Acura VIP invitation list

with that, I hung up the phone, smiled for a second
and said with a grin......

NNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Regards, James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts