Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Rear Bumper clear does not come with the screw???

In other words which Rear Bumper Clear Just Snaps into Place.....

Also How do you remove the Factory Rear Bumper Clear From The Legend Coupe???? If i can Recall there is no screw on it...

·
Registered
334 Posts
rawdog805 said:
In other words which Rear Bumper Clear Just Snaps into Place.....

Also How do you remove the Factory Rear Bumper Clear From The Legend Coupe???? If i can Recall there is no screw on it...
There are currently no clear rear bumper light that just "snap" into place. Most Legend owners here uses the ones for the Honda Accord and Preludes. Those have one screw holding it in and one screw holding the brackets together (yes you need to get the brackets too). Then you have to remove the factory bracket to install them in.

About the factory rear bumpers, just use a small flathead screwdriver and pry it out from the little hole opening.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Getting the red lens out is the easiest and hardest part. There is a metal clip under the slot at the front side edge of the lens that snaps in. You have to slide a very small and preferably sharp screw driver along the side of the bracket toward the front of the car, catch the edge of the bracket and bend it toward the rear of the car to unsnap it. I really struggled with it until I got it out once. Be very careful as the rubber bracket may be painted and the paint will crack if you put much pressure against the bracket as you try to bend the snap. I meant to take pictures and post them but have not gotten the digicam back yet. I did buy the Accord lenses. I will happily sell them to you at cost...around $15 I think (autodynamic.com) I was not happy with the look. I have decided to eliminate the lights by removing them, removing the bulb, painting them white to match the car and reinstalling them. Legal or not, I don't care. I hate those lights and will eliminate them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.