Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so did the guy who had clear rear bumpers made for him make it over to this forum?

I am REALLY interested in what he got...

b

·
Registered
655 Posts
the legend has a different tailight than the accord or any other car but,

I think the dude that did his tailights should do something like a groupbuy on the forum. I think he would make a killing. He has a webpage where he currently has them painted clear/red and they look awesome.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Not to be an ass, but why would anyone want clear tails on a Legend? I think it is a terrible idea, I have seen so many civics and s-10's around here with the led washer nozzles and clears. Well, I don't want to sound like an ass, it is just my opinion. I think clears are like tattoos and peircings, everybody wants to get 'em to be different, then next thing you know everybody has 'em! I just wanna know how the rest of you feel about clears.............?

·
Registered
397 Posts
You know some of us have been searching for clear tails even before you saw them on civics and other peices of crap. Some of us have tatoos and peircings and thaey are like no others in the world. Some of us may even show up as "junior members" while the truth may be we have been Legend Lovers before there were forums... maybe I AM ON A MISSION TO GET THEM FOR MY G2 SEDAN.:mad: So BRACE YO SELF FOOL!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think half clear and half red tails are nice, but all clear tails is not for me. I would like to know who can do this though. I would love to get mine done.

Ghost

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm sorry, maybe I let too much of my East Coast slip out. My point is no one even knows where you are seeing all these civics and S-10 and the topic had nothing to do with nozzles either. And finally to clarify they are clear taillights not "bumpers". I myself would truly prefer a set of "Euro" Clear taillights. I think they look great. As you might notice, wherever you live, new and higher ticket vehicles are coming from the factory with euro tails. Hmm, could that be because they look good? Do you even remember when there wasn't a choice for taillights, or even when there was no MTV or microwaves?

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
I want the damn amber out!!!!

I can't stand that damn amber I wish so bad I could get my hands on a pair of Legend Taillights for a 91 Sedan that still has the red but the amber would be clear!I want them clear bad. Legend 101 cleared out his own and they look sweet! I'm not even being greedy and wanting them clear to put whatevcer color I want in them. I will still put an amber bulb!!! I just think it would look way better to have an amber bulb in with a clear lense and it would also be consistant with the front clear corners!!!! PLEASE make me tailights!!!! Is there a way to mod our tailights to make it clear!?!?!Is the amber painted on in the inside?!?!!? or is the whole damn lense amber????I swear maybe paint thinner on the lense or something would work. Please I want that damn amber out!!!!!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
At www.nopi.com, they have a set of red/clear tails. But, they don't show the pic for them. Has anyone seen these? I guess they are made by APC.........

·
Registered
397 Posts
The set that Nopi claims to have will never be manufactured. Two and a half years ago APC set up a part number and everything. For some ungodly reason they were the second most expensive tails APC sold at around $400. I sent my money so I could be one of the first to get these lights. Months went by, a then APC would call and say "we have a confirmed date for delivery." Still nothing. More months went by, finally I got a refund and the manager said "the manufacturer will not be producing these at all," as well as some lame a$$ excuse. So it all adds up to a big Phat ZERO for G2 sedans. Somebody help me, I think the part number was like 40.001etc... And you'll also notice, NO ONE has SEEN these lights:(

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
That suck sman, because you won't here me *****ing about that style tail lamps!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Some people ***** some people are just *****es!:)

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Where in the ****?!?!

Where in the **** are those taillights??!?!? I want them!!! One of the things I am willing to pay big BIG bucks for for the Legend! Can't stand the all clear--It won't fit the sedan but maybe the coupe. I'll be willing to disect them if the amber is just painted from the inside!!?!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whoa whoa! damn...where did this start?

first of all, go to www.legends.org and see if oyu can find the pics of the guy with the clear tail lights, they simply look awesome IMHO. but again, its just my taste.

secondly, the reason I want them is because I am trying to make ym car look japanese, and I have heard from people that in japan, they do indeep have clear tail lights for the legend.

but again, it was my intention to force this on to you people, I was hoping only those who were interested would reply.

we are all family , chill out :)

b

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree with those that aren't a big fan of the cleared out or altezza look. To me, around my town, it's ricey. I would prefer the clear/red combo. Gettin rid of that amber part would be classier than joining the rest of the civic's integra's accord's etc. with the altezza's/clear's. It's a subtle and nice touch to add to the rear end of the Legend.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I do understand that some will have opinions. I just simply believe as Legend owners, we (all of us) should have a choice in the type of taillights we adorn on our rides. If we had the choice then I will take a bet that some owners will have clear, some altezza and some stock. I personally would like altezza (Truly clear with the Red inserts) for my Leg'. BTW isn't the term "ricey" somewhat a hate term? Hmm, deactivateYOURhate? I prefer the term Asian or Japanese in this case like my sister-in-law;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:
I do understand that some will have opinions. I just simply believe as Legend owners, we (all of us) should have a choice in the type of taillights we adorn on our rides. If we had the choice then I will take a bet that some owners will have clear, some altezza and some stock. I personally would like altezza (Truly clear with the Red inserts) for my Leg'. BTW isn't the term "ricey" somewhat a hate term? Hmm, deactivateYOURhate? I prefer the term Asian or Japanese in this case like my sister-in-law;)
I never said that Legend owners don't have the choice on what tail lights to adorn on their rides. Of course the variety of owners out there would prefer clear, altezza, or the red/clear combo.

BTW: ricey doesn't have to mean "hate"... it's just my opinion, and it is also a known title put on the integs and civics etc. typical rice rockets that have the z3 fenders and vents and huge spoilers and stickers and altezza's. You get the point.

also don't u think using the term "Asian" or "Japanese" is a little bit racial? what about my American friend who has a "ricey" car with a huge spoiler on his integra and stickers? I don't think he's Asian?

·
Registered
397 Posts
WOW, are you confused :confused: or what?! Asian is a politicaly correct term by far. Japan (Where my sister-in law is this very moment) is where our vehicles are OEM and DO YOU OR DON'T you want taillight different than what you have now? BTW I personally prefer to be considered "Black" since that was the way I was born. I particularly brought to your attention that the term "ricey" may offend some people... THAT'S IT!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts