Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay well, i went to my local acura dealer today, Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, Md, to get estimate on what i needed done for my 94 sedan. i need a new speed sensor and the fender liners for my front wheels. well guess what, the quote ended up being over $600!!!!! he said about $240 for the speed sensor+$120 labor, and then $90ea. for the liners and $120 for labor! so that's like $660! just for 2 repairs! what a rip! i am utterly disgusted i was hoping around $300 tops. man what is wrong with dealers...sorry for the long post i just had to vent.

·
Registered
733 Posts
94legendsedan said:
okay well, i went to my local acura dealer today, Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, Md, to get estimate on what i needed done for my 94 sedan. i need a new speed sensor and the fender liners for my front wheels. well guess what, the quote ended up being over $600!!!!! he said about $240 for the speed sensor+$120 labor, and then $90ea. for the liners and $120 for labor! so that's like $660! just for 2 repairs! what a rip! i am utterly disgusted i was hoping around $300 tops. man what is wrong with dealers...sorry for the long post i just had to vent.
Lol........Come on man, you're in the second richest county in the nation, Did you honestly expect less? Anytime someone tells me that the going rate for a decent 3 bedroom "APARTMENT" is about $1100 or higher in that county, then I know I wouldn't even think about buying bubble gum there. I'm really surprised that the cost was only $660 and not $900.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: Re: Omg ***!?!?!?

whiplash9001 said:

Lol........Come on man, you're in the second richest county in the nation, Did you honestly expect less? Anytime someone tells me that the going rate for a decent 3 bedroom "APARTMENT" is about $1100 or higher in that county, then I know I wouldn't even think about buying bubble gum there. I'm really surprised that the cost was only $660 and not $900.
Haha, $1100? Here in San Francisco, you couldn't get a nice 1 bedroom for $1100, and I'm not kidding. Oh man, real estate is a b*tch :D

-GR

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Omg ***!?!?!?

GenIILegend said:

Haha, $1100? Here in San Francisco, you couldn't get a nice 1 bedroom for $1100, and I'm not kidding. Oh man, real estate is a b*tch :D

-GR
Yea, no kidding. In Hawaii, $1100 would get you a nice studio, maybe. It depends on the location as well though.

Anyway, the Speed sensor sounds reasonable for dealer prices, and the linders are between $80-$90 each retail, but I would not let them install it for no $120 labor. It is only held in by about a dozen platic push intype screw tabs, and you could do it yourself in about 5 minutes each side. Their parts rate sound like simply full ratail, but their labor rate sounds way high. You can buy the VSS on line for about $150 or so, and the liners probably can be bought online for about $65 or so.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
DON'T USE ROSENTHAL!!!!!!!!. Their service dept is crooked and incompetent. Trust me, I used to use them until I learned some hard lessons.

Changing the VSS is no big deal. It's a DIY job. For the fender liners check with some local body shops. I've had several jobs done at Tonys Auto Body on Chapman with good results at a decent price.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I JUST CALLED ACURA OF AUGUSTA and their VSS is $80.04 if you tell them the Legend Forum sent you.
wow, okay i'll be moving to georgia now...hey dave c, what dealer do you go to get work done on your ledge, if you don't use dealers what shops around rockville do you go too since we live in the same town.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts