Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here is my story. A couple of friends and i were at a birthday party. Near the end of the party we want to light off some fireworks to complete the festivities, BUT we can't light them off at this kids house because the cops WILL be called. So... we go to a quary near my house. I got there first im my Legend followed by my other friend in his lifted S-10 with HUGE BFGoodrich TA KO's on it. The parking lot is a Small Dirt/ Gravel circle that, because it hasn't rained in days, is all dry and very dusty. As soon as i Park my car way off to the side, i hear my friend gun the S-10. It happened so fast I couldn't get my car in gear fast enough to move out of the way. The Friend Starts to slide the back end out (doing donuts), and in the process kicks up half the damn parking lot, stones and all. As soon as i saw his tail lights i knew it was all over, my poor car got RAPED BY ROCKS!!!! It Smashed My Driver's side window, chipped my paint, dented my car, and covered me and the car in glass and dirt/ rocks. I almost cried. There was nothing i could do to stop it, i was too busy hiding from rocks hitting my face. Here's the Aftermath:

PS, sorry about the driver's seat, i had to take off my seat cover B/C it was covered in glass.

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Wow, I can't believe rocks would do that to leather :rofl:

J/K, that totally sucks. So who died after that? Or did you let them live so they could pay to fix it?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My friend is paying to get the window fixed, im just pissed i can't drive my baby. I didn't want to get the police involved... ( a bunch of kids, garbage bags off illegal fireworks. you get the idea.) :hide: I am more pissed about driving the gas guzzin POS CR-V until my car is fixed.:mad: Not to mention how i the hell am i going to fix the chips in the paint? My car is going to look like Shit now for the tri-state meet.:no:

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Your friend should pay to have the paint fixed too. But, I know it sucks to ask because it's your friend. But. It's your LEGEND.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish it was just the window.... i thought it was just the winow, but as soon as t got it home and put it in the garage and turned on the lights my heart stopped. :bigcry: Now i don't know what to do. If it was some other asshole i would have beat his ASS, but its my best friend and i know he didn't mean to do it. I feel bad asking him to fix the paint b/c it's 16 years old and far from perfect, but it never had chips and dents in it. AGGGHHH this sucks :flame:

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
This is what I would do. I would show my friend my car and point out the extensive damage to the paint. That's not like, a door ding, it's nasty. You might be suprised at what happens. If I did that to my best friends car, I would make it right.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Dude...I think its totaled...how much for your wheels? J/K...I know poor taste at this moment, you may laugh a week/month from now.

Seriously, your friend should offer to pay for all the issues he caused...if you are not overly concerned, at least a call to Dent Wizzard (Dent Dr) and buying some color match touch up paint from Acura is in order.

FYI - Iggee seat covers make a huge difference for only $84 shipped from ebay. I know they are not Katzin ($500), but they match your interior color great. See the link in my sig.

·
Go grab your bottle today
308 Posts
man it looks like someone took buckshot to the side of your car i dont care if it was my own mother that was dumb enough to do something like that i would still want it fixed but thats my own opinion

·
Banned
3,429 Posts
It's not the fact that you can't ask him because your car is 16y/o. It's the fact that you should ask him because he fucked up your car. I know if it was any of my boys that messed up my RL best believe I'd nail their ass to the wall...and they know it too...which is why my RL hasn't been messed up yet.

·
Cassis Red Pearl
625 Posts
Yeah that's not very friendly. I'd make my friend pay for it. Friends are replaceable, Legends aren't. Just kidding... but seriously. I actually did this exact same thing to my buddies Olsmobile Alero (except no broken windows), and guess what? I paid for his touch up paint. Yeah.

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Hey, good deal! Now that your buddy doesn't have to pay for a new window, he will chip in to have that paint fixed.... Edit: If you are a good salesman you will pitch that to him, no window $ = paint $ wink, wink

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
You should tell your best friend to pay half the amount for the paint. I think that's the best way to do it.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So now i guess my insurance is not covering the glass and i have to pay out of pocket.
So i ask the shop that the insurance co. set me to how much its going to cost and they tell me $210!!!!!!! What??? For a front window on a coupe???
Quote by dumbass on the phone: "Coupe?? They make an Acura Legend two door?"

Me: "UHH Yeah."

Dumbass: "Well we had a lot of trouble finding the window for the 4 door... let me see if i can get one." (hangs up)

Later...
Dumbass: "Well i can't find a window for a 2 door 92 legend, are you sure its not a 4 door?"

Me: "No the other 2 doors magicly came out of no where, of coure its a 2 door."

Dumbass: " well i can't find a window for it."

Me: "So you can't help me?"

Dumbass: "No"

Me: "then why are you waisting my time? I'm late for class." (Hang up)

So now i need a driver's side window for my coupe. Help anyone.... Please!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.