Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whaddup legend-heads. I've been looking at the DIYs on CAIs, and I've compared the pics to my 87 ls coupe. Down by my foglight knockout, (on either side) I've noticed 2 little black circular devices. Now, I'm no mechanic, but these look like the car's horns. I hate the sound of the stock horn anyway, and I was thinking of replacing it. However, I wanted to make sure that this is what it was. If so, how difficult would it be to replace the horns and at the same time mod the intake? Once again, I thank anyone for any and all help.

· Registered
638 Posts
i have the coupe and the horns are behinde the fogs, Ive never replaced a horn before but i've seen custom ones at just about every auto store, i doubt it could be that hard, im guessing you would have to splice some wires and figure out a way to mount it, its not that heavy, you could mount it with just about anything if it wasnt a direct fit.

you can make your stock intake cold air just by taking out the vac tank out thats in the bumper, i guess you plan on taking out the tank anyway since you brought of the fog cover thing.

when i took mine out first i just plugged the vac line to it but when i reved the engine it sputtered so i took the hardware off the vac tank and left the wire running to it and just shoved everything up beside the battery and everything has been fine.

you can block the 2 pcv hoses to your air hose and intake manifold to make sure you get good oxygen rich cold air. hot steam from your oil doesnt make for a good burn, just make a breather on each head so vapors can still escape and clean air can still be pulled in when the oil cools. i actually got about 2 more miles per gallon doing this, but i drive almost allways on the interstate, your car will take alot longer to heat up through.

· Registered
638 Posts
theres a little electrical device hooked up to the trank too, i think not having that plugged up may have been the problem.

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
Regarding the Horns...yeah anything should work really...12 volts is 12 volts and electric horns dont discriminate...Ive always thought of getting some more "manly" sounding horns as well...lol!! Your only "real" work will be working to get them mounted and matching the wiring (very easy even for a novice DIY'er)

· Registered
638 Posts
btw, we have 2 horns, one under the hood and one behinde the fog.
so replace one and cut off the other or get 2 aftermarket ones.

you know you can also get one of those big fire truck horns and have it going across your firewall, i actually saw a legend in the junk yard with one. also get a megaphone too so you can yell at people even on the insterstate

i still dont get whats wrong with our horn, i guess i never use it, i'd actually like having a even more sissy one that i can toot while flying past some ricer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.