Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
OG Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The drivers side HID goes off and on...I tried checkin all connections but still no luck, do you think theres something wrong with the ballasts? Is that what the main component is called? Please help I only had them for about a year. Bought them from autolamps.com

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Is it flickering on & off for good or just doing it for a second?...When I had my HID Kit and I started my car with the lights already turned on the drivers side light would flicker...Then I learned that it wasn't good for the bulb to start the car when the lights are already on. That is the only flickering I experienced.

G

·
92legend said:
Is it flickering on & off for good or just doing it for a second?...When I had my HID Kit and I started my car with the lights already turned on the drivers side light would flicker...Then I learned that it wasn't good for the bulb to start the car when the lights are already on. That is the only flickering I experienced.
Thanks dude, I didn't know that you were supposed to have the lights off when you are starting the car, but it makes sense now.

·
OG Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuses are fine. Is it bad for the car or for the HIDs if you turn on the car with the lights on? I have a kill switch on my car and have to turn on the lights before i could start the car.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
DSCLegend94 said:
Fuses are fine. Is it bad for the car or for the HIDs if you turn on the car with the lights on? I have a kill switch on my car and have to turn on the lights before i could start the car.
You may have to wire the kill switch differently. As they said, it's not good to have your HID's on while starting the car.
I used to have my kill switch wired to my left turn signal.

·
Registered
847 Posts
actually, have you checked the little cubic relay??

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Gus,

If its not the fuse or the relay, I would suggest making sure the connectors from the bulb to the ballast are secure. In addition, make sure both battery leads have a good connection. Lastly, to rule out a bad ballast, just swap sides and test. I would focus on the battery connection and make sure the wires are not damaged or broken.

If the ballast is bad, contact Nick at [email protected] and see what they can do.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Oh, also, although probably unlikely, check the factory fuses for your headlights. They're in your under hood box.

·
OG Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AHA!!!!! Found the problem!!! It is one of those cubic relays. I tried Kraegans auto parts and radio shack and couldn't find the piece. Any ideas where I could find the relay?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a couple of the relay from my HID. I never used on my 95 legend. I run my wires little different so I never need some of the wires and relays that come with the HID package.

·
Registered
847 Posts
DSCLegend94 said:
AHA!!!!! Found the problem!!! It is one of those cubic relays. I tried Kraegans auto parts and radio shack and couldn't find the piece. Any ideas where I could find the relay?
Well, warned you guys about it last year about how hard it is to find it but no one listended:rolleyes: I got mine from www.partsexpress.com , and I think it's this item http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=9682&CATID=47 but you better check again. Search harder, you can find a replacement in your other local auto parts store if you need them in a hurry, and then order the spares from partsexpress since they are so much cheaper~:cool:

·
OG Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think those are the ones on that link and I can't find them there.
BMW-Legend: Hook a Legend brother up!!!! Where in L.A. do you live? My folks live in West Covina so I could always pass by if you wanna just give them to me:D

·
Registered
847 Posts
well, it's the same one, it's just that it has a Tab:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts