Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Online Workshop Manual, G1's Gone. Whats up with this?

Online Workshop Manual, G1's is no longer available. What can we do about this site? Are, is, has or can anyone assist with this site? Do we need to send some emails to someone, if so can a master email be posted on the forum for all to use to send to these guys that this was a useful tool. Has anyone downloaded the information to where it could be attached the this forum? Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions or what? This is not good that it has been removed :( ............

· Registered
2,316 Posts
hey guys ... this is the response i got from the honda folks ...

"Dear Mr Nedobity

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately with the introduction of the new
website there is insufficient space to incorporate certain parts of the old
website, this is due to change once we have found another data provider who
can supply more memory space. We would like to apologise for any
inconvenience this may cause. It is possible to order a service manual
through your local Honda dealer.

Regards
Bob
Honda Contact Centre
0845 200 8000"

· -------------------------
1,983 Posts
1990Legend_LS_5spd said:

"Dear Mr Nedobity

Regards
Bob
Honda Contact Centre
0845 200 8000"
Honda can't afford 20mb of extra space? Boooooooooooo!

· Registered
638 Posts
I got a print out of engine diagrams, they arent that usefull though, i can just look at my engine and get a mental image of what everything looks like lol.

i know alot of people bash haynes manuals, but i think you get well worth your 15$ in information. plus it has alot of troubleshooting that isnt that specific but will usually point you in the right direction. also it tells you how to troubleshoot most sensors and electricdevices, gives you all the bolt torque specifications, wiring diagrams, ect.
i allways hear haynes sucks and how chiltons is better, but from my experience haynes has more pictures and is easier to navigate. I mostly use use it for electrical test numbers and pictures so i know what to expect.

go to your local autoparts store or library and pick them up.

Oyea, that is TOTAL BS that honda doesnt have space for the G1 manuals.
they probably did it just to make 1 more reason to get a new car. also to help g1s get run down and be gotton rid of.

Send them another e-mail requesting the pdf's be emailed to you or somthing.

· Registered
173 Posts
1990Legend_LS_5spd said:

"Dear Mr Nedobity

Regards
Bob
Honda Contact Centre
0845 200 8000"
I on the other hand got a much different response rom Honda UK:
Dear Mr Taylor,

The manuals are back on-line for viewing - These can be found on the Honda
Owners Section (Bottom right tab on the new site car page). Please note
this does not include all manuals - Should a manual you require not be on
the site you should contact your local Honda dealer to see if a hard-copy
can be ordered. No CD version is available as the only PDF files are those
already listed on the site.

Regards

Carl McDonald
Honda Contact Centre
0845 200 8000
.....This is good, exept I can't figure out where the owners section is on this site.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
redlegend & 1990Legend_LS_5spd where did you send the email, could you supply the forum with the email address? This really SUCKS!!! They removed it? of all the dumb things to do :mad: . The Manuel they had on the site has to be available some where unless they completely deleted. Maybe the can open it up for us to put on this forum or any Acura forum for that matter...

· Registered
2,316 Posts
I used the site question thing on the UK site. You just need to find a uk post office number ... without it you cannot submit.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is another site: http://www.expressautoparts.com
Going in to the manuel site for Acura Legend 88 this is what came up..

Thank you for visiting ExpressAutoParts.com. We are currently upgrading our site to offer you a state of the art database with real-time inventory and high resolution images. Our testing phase has already begun, and shortly we will be able to offer you the largest selection of auto parts all in real-time inventory.

Please come back on the week of December 9th for our Import Parts and on the week of December 12th for our Domestic Parts.

· Registered
173 Posts
I too used the submit question thing on the site, 1990Legend_LS_5spd . Mine went through fine, even without the uk postal code or w/e its called. The address is http://www.honda.co.uk/. Click on the "contact" link at the bottom left hand corner. A screen will come up, click on "feedback form", and select "PDF/brochure problem" then go from there...

· Registered
821 Posts
redlegend said:
I too used the submit question thing on the site, 1990Legend_LS_5spd . Mine went through fine, even without the uk postal code or w/e its called. The address is http://www.honda.co.uk/. Click on the "contact" link at the bottom left hand corner. A screen will come up, click on "feedback form", and select "PDF/brochure problem" then go from there...
common postal code for london SW3 5EL
thought that might help
BP

· Registered
486 Posts
Swap_File said:
Honda keeps their shop manuals here now, http://www.honda.co.uk/car/owner/workshop.html , but the Legend manual is no longer listed there.

You can get it here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/9853606/LegendCoupe.zip.html

Just scroll to the bottom of the page, click free, and then wait for the countdown to finish.
I just downloaded it, nice find! When anyone downloads it, once it is unzipped dbl click the index.html file and it will navigate and launch just like the online one. Very nice!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.