Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,642 Posts
It's people like that women that make me sick...

About a month ago this women was sueing Nintendo because her son was killed playing a N64 game. Apparently her 30 year old son would play over 72 hours of N64 a week. He lived at home and had no job. He would suffer seizures from playing, disregarding the warnings he played anyway. Finally he had a seizure and cracked his skull on a table and died. The mother sued Nintendo. Luckily this was thrown away since a jury felt nintendo provided attiquite warnings on the games. Now she is suing because Nintendo didn't put warnings on the games that they can be addictive.

Another similiar case was a 23yr old guy who lived alone, dropped out of school and quit his job to play Everquest 24/7. He finally commited suicide. The mother is suing Sony now over it.
 

·
GS Hog
Joined
·
7,026 Posts
Responsibility = It's always someone else's

People just need to take responsibility for their own actions, and quit looking for a direction to point that finger.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,642 Posts
I dunno how much of it is seriously people not taking responsibility for their own stupidity over greed. I think the majority are people looking for a cheap way to legally get money they don't deserve and there are enough scumbag lawyers (not saying all scumbags are lawyers) out there willing to help them :mad:

I rate these people just slightly below theives. Both are the scum of modern society.
 

·
GS Hog
Joined
·
7,026 Posts
It could very well be a combination of the two.

Parents are usually not receptive of the possibilty of their children's potential for extreme behaviour by their own device. So when things like these happen, in their minds, they could not possibly have happened by conscious choice of their children. It's got to be due to something that caused a lapse in conscious will.

I'm not discounting the fact that depression can be a side-effect of certain drugs, and I think that if it is a possibilty, then an investigation is warranted. However, the two cases you mentioned are pretty clear signs of denial and greed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
What goes around...

Hows this one

A Charlotte, NC lawyer purchased a box of two dozen very rare and expensive cigars, then insured them against fire among other things.

Within a month, having smoked his entire stockpile of these great
cigars, and without yet having made even his first premium payment on the policy, the lawyer filed a claim against the insurance company. In his claim, the lawyer stated the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires." The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason: that the man had
consumed the cigars in the normal fashion. The lawyer sued....and won!

In delivering the ruling the judge agreed with the insurance company that the claim was frivolous, but stated nevertheless, that the lawyer held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure them against fire, without defining
what is considered to be "unacceptable fire," and was obligated to pay the claim.

Rather than endure a lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid $15,000.00 to the lawyer for his loss of the rare cigars lost in the "fires."

And now . . . for the rest of the story!!!!

After the lawyer cashed the check, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of ARSON With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case being used against him, the lawyer was convicted of intentionally burning his insured property and he was sentenced to 24 months in jail and ordered to pay a $24,000 fine.

payback baby...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
yeah... stupid irresponsible parents....

This just happened a few days ago. A Taiwanese Middle School Student commited suicide and left a slip of paper saying "Time To Die". The parents went nuts when they found out that the game, "Diablo II", which their son played will sometimes repeat that sentence vocally over and over by some other players. So the parents are now trying to get laws passed so that now one can play games like Diablo and Counter Strike, lol~ Luckily none of the government officials payed serious attention to it and the media later found out that the suicide might be caused by the stress the parents were putting on that child. Stupid irresponsible parents~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
Re: What goes around...

lawman said:
Hows this one

A Charlotte, NC lawyer purchased a box of two dozen very rare and expensive cigars, then insured them against fire among other things.

Within a month, having smoked his entire stockpile of these great
cigars, and without yet having made even his first premium payment on the policy, the lawyer filed a claim against the insurance company. In his claim, the lawyer stated the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires." The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason: that the man had
consumed the cigars in the normal fashion. The lawyer sued....and won!

In delivering the ruling the judge agreed with the insurance company that the claim was frivolous, but stated nevertheless, that the lawyer held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure them against fire, without defining
what is considered to be "unacceptable fire," and was obligated to pay the claim.

Rather than endure a lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid $15,000.00 to the lawyer for his loss of the rare cigars lost in the "fires."

And now . . . for the rest of the story!!!!

After the lawyer cashed the check, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of ARSON With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case being used against him, the lawyer was convicted of intentionally burning his insured property and he was sentenced to 24 months in jail and ordered to pay a $24,000 fine.

payback baby...
AHAHAHAHA~ This is a good one!!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
NickD said:
I dunno how much of it is seriously people not taking responsibility for their own stupidity over greed. I think the majority are people looking for a cheap way to legally get money they don't deserve and there are enough scumbag lawyers (not saying all scumbags are lawyers) out there willing to help them :mad:

I rate these people just slightly below theives. Both are the scum of modern society.
Haha LOL :D
I don't know if you meant it like this, but when you say there are enough scumbag lawyers but not all scumbags are lawyers, it gives me the impression scumbags are better than lawyers and it is an insult to scumbags to say they are all lawyers. Hehe. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,590 Posts
infinite said:


Haha LOL :D
I don't know if you meant it like this, but when you say there are enough scumbag lawyers but not all scumbags are lawyers, it gives me the impression scumbags are better than lawyers and it is an insult to scumbags to say they are all lawyers. Hehe. :D
He said not all scumbags are lawyers, but are all lawyers scumbags? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got this story from another NG:

> In the news this morning a lady stole something from a grocery
> store, the floor manager or some employee went after her, followed her
> in his car, then she sped up, later on, she wrecked her car, killed her
> 9 yr. old daughter, now she is attempting to sue the store chain because
> if they didn't chase her, she would of never sped, I'd file a counter
> suit for double what she wants and tell her is she would of never stolen
> anything, the employee would of never chased her.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
Actually Accutane, the drug the young pilot was on, can truly make you wacko. It can mess with your brain chemistry and as the article said you have to sign a waiver to take it. Granted it probably compounded an existing problem but it has happened before to people. The kicker is that none of the drug was found in his system.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top