Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
17s are good. They are generally less expensive and you can go with a higher profile tire which will help keep the rims from bending. There also doesn't seem to be a huge difference in size contrast between 17s and 18s when you look at pics. However, in real life, to me there is a difference when looking at the rims on cars and with a car the size of the legend I would rather have 18s. 18s just seem to fit better with a luxury car like the legend, 19s if you can afford it. :)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
get at least 18!!! nah im just kidding if u have pot holes like crazy dont get them or if u do dont get the 215/35 tires like i did there way to small. Im afraid of bending a 18in Racing Hart which would suck really bad but they look good :). I would say get what you want it doesnt matter what everyone else says. go lok at some pics and decide. 17,18, or 19 if u make the right decision will all look good.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you want the perfect balance of practicality, look, price, performance and durability on everyday driving, get the 17", but if you go higher, like 18, you will suffer with less practical and higher price, and less durability, but certainly enhance the look, but only slightly better performance. And if you want to go all looks, get 19" like me, and you will definitely kill the practicality, price and durability issue, since 19" are much easier to damage than 17", but looks are certainly greatly enhanced.

So, which one do you think fit your needs? and your pocket? It all depends on you and your personaly preference. We're here just to help you to make the best decision, and offering you some insights. Good luck

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
I would say a lot has to depend on the wheel. 19" look really nice on the show field, but when you shoot for near stock diameter you're running a 35 section and you'll need a very expensive forged wheel to take that abuse (as Alex how many times he's had his C5 fixed (sh!t, I bent all 4 of my 17" C5s before I fixed and sold them)).

With a reasonably strong wheel you can run 18s. I've had zero problems with my SSRs running 215/40s. For "economical" wheels don't go above 17" with a 45 section tire.

PS: My 18" SSRs were cheaper than my 17" RH C5s. So price isn't everything.

G

·
I have 17" ADR GT-Sports.... anything after 17's and you really start to lose performance, durability. Only thing you don't lose is price :p. Here is a pic of mine:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I beg to differ! 17's are just right, although 18's are nice they ARE NOT as practical as 17's for performance, value, ride, and durability...this of course is IMHO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts