Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i plan on replacing my stock system pretty soon, i have a 94 L sedan. what does everyone think of 2-way Infinity 6.5's for the front (225 watts) 3 way Infinity 6x9's in the back (330 watts) polk tweeters (120 watts); what size are the tweeters in our legends? a 600 watt kenwood amp to run those speakers, clarion dxz715 in dash cd HU or a Pioneer indash DVD player, and 2 MTX 12's in an enclosed plexiglass box ran by an 800 watt RF amp. i'm gonna get a 1 farad cap too. any feedback?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I'm not to knowlegeable on the equipment you listed but on the MTX subs make sure they are the new ones with the dual voice coils (allum cone) the old MTX (plastic cone) had problems with premature voice coil failure. They fixed it with the new subs.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Infinity's are the shizit man, are you going for the kappas or the reference? I hear the new kappas (the silver ones) are friggin' wild! Anyway Infinity speakers are great... one suggestion, if you are planning on adding tweets why not just buy Infinity components for the front? It'll sound much better than having the 2-ways and the tweeters both going. I dunno too much about the mtx subs, maybe somebody else could help you wit that

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i was talking about the infinity kappas, the new new ones, and i was considering an infinity component system, or any component system, just kinda pricey. really looking foward to getting my in dash dvd player tho SAWEEEET

·
Registered
248 Posts
sounds good...a few sugestions...

dont need the extra tweets in my opinion, you want balanced respoinse, anot a spike up high :)

and wont waste a amp on the rear speakres, just power them off the HU and be odne with it, most of your listening should be done with only the front speakres and the sub :)

do you mean a plexi custom box or a prefab one? just make sure if its a prefab that its built to the subs liking, is it a bandpass?

the newline infinity stuff seem to be pretty good, I have installed two pairs of reference coaxials and components, and they are defineyla setop up over the past, Ihtink even better than the old kappas, whcih I persoally thought was way over priced to begin with.

also, how about keeping all your amps the same manufacture to look nicer?

just a few hints...keep us updated...

b

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have some infinities in my Ac and I'll tell ya, they're good speakers but they're real bright (treble oriented). If you like that kinda thing, go for it. They sound good overall.

-GR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts