Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think its a piece of crap for 38k... still slow even with 270hp. And the interior looks like crap too. Damn what are they thinking...

·
Registered
629 Posts
I thought it was sick at first, but daaamn 38K, crucial, I'll Take a loaded maxima SE 6spd, and buy a set of snow tires to offset the 4-motion if i need winter traction, or maybe a G35

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I was following some of the development of this engine. A very interesting design. After hearing they were going to put it in the Passat I was like "Damn, that's gonna be one quick Passat" then I saw some manufacturer performance numbers. If I recall correctly 0-60 in 7.2 or something like that. WTF?! 270hp and it's SLOW... And to top it off the Passat is a helluva ugly automobile...

·
Registered
332 Posts
I like the Passat. And the W8 sounds like a great engine. But for that kinda money I'd buy something else.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
katonk said:
I like the Passat. And the W8 sounds like a great engine. But for that kinda money I'd buy something else.
rumor has it they might drop one in a jetta
but i think the engine design is pertty ingenious
two V4-r motors joined at the crank..noicce

G

·
The engine is pretty cool, but I'm not a real big fan of the Passat's body. I was hoping to see VW make a W12, which was rumored as well. Maybe they would put one in like an S4 and TT it :D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.