Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sometimes I look at my car and I think it looks a little too much like a "Dragster" from certain angles. I have front and back on lowest perch. Koni/Eibach/IS300 17" Rims.

Do you guys think i should raise the fronts to the upper position (Front has two positions- Low and High, back has Low, Med, High). Here's some pix:

I'll take some more tomorrow

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
The rears look too high to be on the lowest perch. You sure that the spring perch isn't upside-down?

Edit: Not a very good picture, but this is how my rears sit on the middle perch.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm... I had my relative help me out with the suspension work as he has all the proper tools. So that silver portion is flipped the other way around, where it is? How would the groove sit with the spring?

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Yes, it's flipped over. The spring will sit on the flip side of that groove; the same groove, but on the other side of it.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love this forum.

Anyone have a coupe Sitting on 17"s with Koni/Eibach. Once I get this fixed I'm guessing the back might drop a lot... And if they're coming out, It would be a hassle if it sits too low the first time....to take 'em out again to put them at mid perch.

So please, anyone with Koni/Eibach (Coupe) on 17"s post your pix and tell me what perches you used. I don't know if I should use Middle or Low now on the rear.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
For a more even wheel gap, you'll probably want to go with the middle perch. Whether 15" or 18", the setup should be similar since the overall diameter of the tires shouldn't vary much.

·
3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,153 Posts
I have an even stance by the setting the front of the lowest setting and the rear on the highest perch.... (the was differently upside down)

·
The Great White North
813 Posts
My coupe is on Eibachs and Konis.
Im not sure of the perch settings but thats pretty much the only pic i have illustrating ride height so far.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, how do the fronts look to you guys? Those mounted okay (perch)?

And as far as the rear goes...
Here is the current spacing using my fingers lol. Once I fix the rear... what do you guys think... Low perch or Middle?

My guess is, currently the rear is set to low, but the spring is sitting wrong on the upside down perch. once the perch is fixed, it's probably going to drop a little over an inch more? Middle would prob end up being a half inch drop compared to current?

Current Front (Low Perch)

Current Rear (Low Perch, incorrect mounting of perch)

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
The fronts look fine. As for the spacing, I don't know the exact measurements, but you're probably close.

Think of it this way. The eibach drop is 1.1" front and 1" rear. The Koni has roughly a 3/4" difference between perch settings.

At stock height, the front fender gap is larger than the rear, so in order to get a more even gap, you would have to drop the front more than the rear. If you set all of the perch settings the same, the front fender gap will still be larger.

Edit: +1 on what mello said.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be happy as long as it's not to the extreme it is currently. In your opinion, middle or lower in the back for the coupe? I don't rub on the fronts right on the lowest perch, would lowest on the back rub?

Also, I'm hoping mello can snap a pic of his setup for me so I can see how that bottom portion is suppose to go.

Thanks guys.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
I think that you should do middle rear, low front.

As for the bottom portion, undo the pinch bolt (bolt on the fork that the shock is resting in) and see if you can get the shock to sit lower.

·
3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,153 Posts
I took these in March ....( these wheels are now on my brothers coupe in the for sale section)
front lowest, rear hightest

1 - 20 of 26 Posts