Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
difficult to kill
710 Posts
Just a quick look at what one of ours looks like. The "before" model is a 2.7L, the "after" one is from a 3.2L (didn't have a 2.7L at the time to compare). You get the idea though.
i guess this is over my head, yet im intrigued. what did you do?

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
^^^ it looks to have been bored out & cleaned up to optimize intake air flow, similar to what the guy at maxbore.com does. looks like you guys do just as good of a job - so are you a shop/facility that charges for this service & if so how much?

·
Registered
255 Posts
just installed mine today. great service btw. i thought it couldve been a little smoother on the inside so i went in there with a dremel, but other than that it was excellent.

·
TopGear Fanatic
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^ it looks to have been bored out & cleaned up to optimize intake air flow, similar to what the guy at maxbore.com does. looks like you guys do just as good of a job - so are you a shop/facility that charges for this service & if so how much?
You are indeed correct sir. We are a small shop of car enthusiasts, and you can find the TB here:

ZF Clubsport > Optimized Throttle Body

So I've been dying to know what is good music to be murdered by? Something death metal-ish, I would imagine?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh, that was you! You're right, I should have taken more time to get it all glass smooth. I really wanted to get it shipped out quick, since it took extra time to get ahold of a G2 TB. Did it get installed alright?
yup that was me. its all good the price was right and overall I'm definitely happy with it. the install only took me about 30mins and the directions were really thorough.

·
difficult to kill
710 Posts
aha.

how wide is that bad boy now?

·
Renaissance.
3,000 Posts
Oh, that was you! You're right, I should have taken more time to get it all glass smooth. I really wanted to get it shipped out quick, since it took extra time to get ahold of a G2 TB. Did it get installed alright?
Just an FYI....a lot of people here would rather you get it right and wait than have to use a dremel to clean things up themselves.

That said, how much do you charge?

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
^^^ agreed - i mean it's cool you guys are doing / learning the process or whatever, but you can easily see the difference in smoothness in these pics from maxbore (bottoms before tops after)...

not saying you guys can't get it this smooth but this is how his service comes back to the customer & is $100.00 for honda & $135.00 for non-honda tb's -- & "music2bmurderedby" is actually dan the automator's, who is the producer / creator of the group "the gorillaz" feat. del tha funkee homosapien, first recording ever (e.p.) released in 1988 as a total independent project. one of my fav. records of all time plus it has ties to stockton, ca. where i'm from, as the main guy to help automator get on in the scene was born & raised in stockton (bryan allen sampson) so i thought it cool to use the name.
... good guess but i'm not much into metal music at all.

·
Registered
255 Posts
ya I agree that a drill press or a lathe would be better but its really all about the time it takes. a dremel takes a lot longer, but can provide the same outcome. now what would be cool is if zfclubsport could start producing solid cai's and other parts like that, that most people have to make themselves from ebay parts etc. or maybe something like a nitrous bundle with all of the correct injectors and nozzles and plugs and other hardware specifically for the legend. just my .02

·
TopGear Fanatic
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your .02 is worth a billion dollars :D We are indeed working on things of a similar nature. On a related note - today's business is increasingly cooperative in addition to competitive, look no further than the Delta/Northwest merger. In that spirit, we contacted maxbore and will be offering their products through our website (thanks for the headsup m2bmb!). A small price increase for an improved product, which means more time for us to work on other items . . . like those mentioned by legendfire :thumbsup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ooo. hell yeah... a one piece CAI... i would buy that for sure. nitrous... :hitit:

·
Registered
255 Posts
haha well as an aspiring business man myself, and a legend lover, pitching in ideas for a business that overall should make things a lot easier for the legend community is what I'm here for. Aftermarket brake calipers to go along with the KVR rotors would be nice too for those who cant afford the big brake kits but want a cheaper alternative for increased stopping power. o and maybe some stainless brake lines and hawk pads too. you could call it the big brake alternative bundle and include all those things. also making a kit to do the 5spd clutch and flywheel conversion would be good. giving people choices as to what stage clutch they can get based on their performance needs and including the shorter bolts.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
but you can easily see the difference in smoothness in these pics from maxbore (bottoms before tops after)...

not saying you guys can't get it this smooth but this is how his service comes back to the customer & is $100.00 for honda & $135.00 for non-honda tb's --
Swift tried this company already and they would only bore it 1mm more and charged him more for a "6 cylinder throttle body". They didn't want to bore it any more because they were afraid of ruining it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
lets not forget projector retrofitted headlights and a full bolt on exhaust system.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.