Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:2cool: Here is the toy!!! I will have more pics from the new Digital Camera when the weather gets better and we can pull her outside again.

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,763 Posts
Beautiful, now some mods

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
She has 95,000 original and some change. We put about 1000 on her this summer. She gets wheels next and then the Remus cat back exhaust system. We had a new clutch and rear tranny mount put in and I still have a very small, unwanted, vibration between 2000 and 4000 RPM when we are sitting still and revving the engine. It's most likely a imbalance in the flywheel. It may have to be replaced later. All in all she runs real good!!

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,763 Posts
LeoLegendATL said:
that vibration you talk about happens on all Legends, typical of a engine that is not perfectly harmonically balanced. Its really nothing to worry about. Nice coupe btw.
I have the same mileage and have never felt any vibration.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LeoLegendATL said:
that vibration you talk about happens on all Legends, typical of a engine that is not perfectly harmonically balanced. Its really nothing to worry about. Nice coupe btw.
My mechanic, who only works on Honda's, said that they all run differently. He inspected the flywheel when the clutch was out and told me it was not that bad, and not to spend the money on the new flywheel. I still do not like that vibration!! I have driven another six speed with 50,000 more miles on it and it ran real smooth. Does not seem to effect the running, idle or performace of the car. ???? I never thought about the harmonics???

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ballistic said:
umm... no vibration if normal. Vibration might be some loose bolts. I'd have that looked at.

Car looks really nice. MOD time :) Not a fan of the moonroof visor though.
Moonroof visor was on the car when we bought it. just have not taken it off as of yet. It will eventually come off.

Whole drivetrain was inspected and gone through. It does not have any loose bolts. If they were loose they would have made some major problems by now.

·
Road Trip King
4,675 Posts
Danightmare7 said:
keep it clean and classy
Nice car! Welcome to the 6-spd club; and I agree... Stock is beautiful. I haven't done (and won't do) anything to my car that's not able to be changed back easily (resale value is a factor). Just want the car to look great, run great, and last forever. :)

Sign in here if you wish... (The six-speed roll call)...

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40523

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.