Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed their horns? if so to what, what type. The horn that we have is just not cutting it for me, I need something more masculin sounding you know. I need something that tells people to MOVE! not, excuse me please..

·
Registered
424 Posts
BUY A SHOT GUN AND SHOOT SOME SHOT AS A COURTESY :D LMAO!

G

·
0 Posts
Solw down money ya speedin!

Yeah I know what you mean... I think TL owners have used hella air horns in their cars... I want that very loud taxi cab horn!:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
RenoG said:
I need something that tells people to MOVE! not, excuse me please..
HAHAHAHAHA that's how I feel. It's like a nice BeepBeep rather then a move it!

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
who needs a horn?

NickD said:
My car sounds like a beast, my horn sounds like a whining little girl... So I just downshift and rev my engine up :) Works better than the horn.
I have often found the aggressive stance of a G2 coupe on the highway is BALLSY enough to not need a horn...especially when they hear the roar of the engine or intake

·
2,879 Posts
I put in a pair of BMW horns and they sound pretty high pitched. Might consider selling them and getting Mercedes horns which are a beat more deeper sounding but on the highway its the high pitched horns that you hear rather then the low pitched ones.

but def. worth changing your horns. WHen I first got my LEgend I was like wtf? why does the horn sound like a little girl??!?!?

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I try not to honk my horn. It just sounds tooo damm wimpy. Kinda embarrasing for a car like ours to sound like a little girl. I gotta change my horns so if someone can post a how to on this i'd appreciate it. Thank You

·
Registered
812 Posts
Dudes -

are u sure about this?
stand outside & have someone honk at you

I 'm saying this because I thought my horn was wimpy too when I got my GS.

But it turn out it was extremely loud and that the sound insulation is extremely tight when honking inside w/ the window close.

just a thought

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
If you want a HORN why not check out the air horns over at JC Whitney. 100+ db will get anyones attention.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hella

i installed hella air horns. most of the NY guys can tell you my car is extremmely loud. maybe cause i have 3 compressors 7 horns mounted on the front grill opening. :D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, just put on a coat, so you can tell us how you did it. HAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
hehe,
you cali peeps man. i remember the good ol days in LA. i could werk on the car all night if i wanted to in my shorts in january. oh wells. if anybody wants work done from me, u'll have to wait till at least march or april. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts