Acura Legend Forum banner

Owner's manual scan: 125 mph in 4th gear

1278 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  ArizonaLegend
Was bored in the drive-through the other day and started going through the junk in my glovebox. Haven't you ever just started reading your owner's manual just for the heck of it? lol

I loved this first line of the introduction:

"One of the finest luxury cars in the world..."

Anyway, the following table on page 124 surprised me.

Honda says you can (emphasis on "can," not "should") go 125 miles per hour in fourth gear. It just made me wonder -- how'd they test that? Sheesh, if 125 is in fourth gear, and you've still got two gears left to go, what would be the absolute maximum in sixth gear, under controlled circumstances (on a track)?

See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
yep it makes me feel good when I read that introductory line also.
Our cars are drag limited to around ~150 mph, I think.
Aren't they goverened to 138?
For the 1993 sedan, I think it was 143. I saw that in a table comparing it to other luxury sedans of that year in several areas.
SBLEGENDS said:
Aren't they goverened to 138?
No. We aren't speed limited, but are rev limited.
LegendGS said:
No. We aren't speed limited, but are rev limited.
which doesn't mean jack for us! :D

I have seen that too tyson, but yours i think is a wee different.

" i have two extra gears..."
Even better, check out the official "archived" info now posted by Acura..

AcuraNewsArchives

Also, along the same thread, I owned my first Legend 15 years, 10 of which were in Pittsburgh PA, well after moving to Phoenix, AZ I was looking for something in the manual when I stumbled across the little tidbit about the wiper blade lift lever located under the steering column. The purpose is to raise the wipers off of the windshield so they don't get frozen while the car is sitting in bad weather. Who knew?! Amazed (and a bit miffed) that I didn't know about this, especially when I thought I knew my car inside and out. Oh well, just shows where the best kept secrets can be found....

enjoy the official Acura Archives site, full of alot of good factual information!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.