Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, long time lurker.

The power steering on my '95 LS just gave out after slowly decreasing assist.
Since the reservoir level remained constant and there were no leaks, figured that it was just a pump failure.

Belts look fine (ordered replacements anyways), so I got a remanufactured pump.

I was able to drain the system via the VSS inlet hose.

I've been looking at the service manual and it says I have to "loosen the special bolt, nut, and adjusting bolt" to remove the belt. Then I fully remove them to take out the pump.

Here's my problem, I have almost no clearance to get a good ratchet on the special bolt. It's front mounted so I've tried going under the front grill to get to it with a 10" extension. Seems like I can only get at it from an angle.

Any advice?
I'm only at 70k miles, really want to keep this Legend going.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi all, long time lurker.

The power steering on my '95 LS just gave out after slowly decreasing assist.
Since the reservoir level remained constant and there were no leaks, figured that it was just a pump failure.

Belts look fine (ordered replacements anyways), so I got a remanufactured pump.

I was able to drain the system via the VSS inlet hose.

I've been looking at the service manual and it says I have to "loosen the special bolt, nut, and adjusting bolt" to remove the belt. Then I fully remove them to take out the pump.

Here's my problem, I have almost no clearance to get a good ratchet on the special bolt. It's front mounted so I've tried going under the front grill to get to it with a 10" extension. Seems like I can only get at it from an angle.

Any advice?
I'm only at 70k miles, really want to keep this Legend going.
Join the Facebook group. They will provide you everything you need. This site has been kinda dead now for a few years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts