Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, the paint is peeling really bad on my windshield wiper arms, i was wondering if anyone has the same problem and has painted them, and how they have come out?? How do you paint them and w/what?? Does anyone know how much new arms are for our car? Thanks for the help guys, Nate

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Had the same problem, but never cared about it.

· Registered
4,086 Posts
yo,

I painted mine silver...i have silver pinstriping(see sig)

Anyways take them off, sand them a little, prime then paint. DO NOT USE THAT SPRAY CAN CLEAR COAT!!

Pick you color wisely my son :bowdown: :giggle:

· Registered
894 Posts
I painted mine 6 months ago.

I sanded them down to bare metal, primed, painted and clear coated using spray cans. They still look brand new.

I also replaced the blades for CDN$12 (OEM).

· VIP Premium Member
493 Posts
I have this same problem as well. Its mildly annoying but I plan on buying a new set way way in the future. Do you guys know how much OEM ones run? They must not be too cheap if all of you have taken the time and effort to paint your own.

· Registered
45 Posts
It's actually really simple. You can have em off in 30 seconds. I didn't even bother sanding all the way to metal; just make sure it's nice and clean, and spray away. I used a metallic silver on mine, and put a couple layers on. Looks almost as deep as my new canterbury green metallic paint job. Hope this helps!

· Sales Guido
1,105 Posts
I personally like when they peel completely off and look like they are aftermarket SS pieces.

· mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
10,088 Posts
SuperCoupe93 said:
I personally like when they peel completely off and look like they are aftermarket SS pieces.
ur have almost no black left on them .... also take a look around the car and u will notice other parts of ur car are doing it to and dont worry it just shows the age of ur car! either paint em or keep em its up to u !

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
SuperCoupe93 said:
I agree. All the paint is off of mine now, here's a pic.

· Registered
1,491 Posts
SuperCoupe93 said:
lol....that's a good way to look at it. :D

There's hardly any black left on mine as well. Form a short distance it almost looks like that's the way it supposed to be so for the moment, it doesn't bug me.

Next summer, I'll be taking them off to re-paint. My car is black so when you look at the front straight on, they're noticeable, and IMO it would lok better all black.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
MagicMikey said:
I painted mine 6 months ago.

I sanded them down to bare metal, primed, painted and clear coated using spray cans. They still look brand new.

I also replaced the blades for CDN$12 (OEM).
I did the same thing except no spray cans. I used Black dupont paint and sprayed it with a paint gun. Looks awesome!

· Registered
45 Posts
i personally think a color that compliments the other parts of the car is best. I've whited out my lights, put in a silver mesh grill insert, have large silver wheels, and a silverish tint, so i decided to go silver with my wiper arms, and it looks great. But it all boils down to personal opinion. I don't think Canterbury green wiper arms could fly. If you have a black car, or a pearl white, then it would. So basically, there is no answer to that question.

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha, i started this post and i was just checking it out and realized i replied to it last night when i was drunk, haha ;) I don't even remember writing it last night, but i just saw what i wrote, it was funny, haha. Good thing i wasn't driving last night. Nate

Here is what i wrote: im drunk, and i want i to look nice4, i ;wanana pant it look s like , hmm :p Yesterday 06:47 AM

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.