Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if i'd get in trouble for painting my car kinda like a police car. I have an 89 camaro and i'm thinking about painting everything black but the doors and the roof I think I should be fine as long as I don't paint the words police or anything police related.

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Nope, I read an article about some guy in Nevada or Arizona or somewhere that did that. There are a couple of laws, such as maybe the decals or impersonating an officer. As long as you aren't impersonating or have the red and blues then it's ok. Just check out your laws for exact info.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its something different right now I can't afford GOOD paint for it and its primered white right now might as well have some fun and do some primer black lol

Thought you had an 83 Supra?
Well I WAS going to get an 83 supra from the money selling the camaro but the deal didn't go through with the camaro so I might as well just fix up the camaro and drive that.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, i've seen the old police cars that are sold to the community around town all the time. I personally think that kind of paint job has a stigma to it: either the owner was too cheap to paint the car one color, or that the car just got in a wreck and had a replacement door put on, or both. but in the end, whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, i've seen the old police cars that are sold to the community around town all the time. I personally think that kind of paint job has a stigma to it: either the owner was too cheap to paint the car one color, or that the car just got in a wreck and had a replacement door put on, or both. but in the end, whatever floats your boat.
lol I am, college boy doesn't have 2g's to spend on a paint job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.