Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
NDEMAND said:
I am interested in using some temporary smoked back light paint
on my back lights (AutoDynamic). Has anyone done this to their lights? After painting them, did you have to apply any clear coat over the paint? What do you use to remove the paint? Does that solution also remove the clearcoat on the factory lights?
Yeah, I did it. Looked great too. Here are some pics:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/legend520/images/legend/mods/Black Tailamps/

Hope that link works...

Peace,
J520

·
Registered
299 Posts
Re: Page

hedrinbc said:
Here is my tutorial fro red painted lights, it is permenant though.

http://www.hedrington.com/legend/Painted_Tails/index.html

-Ben
Looks good. I did basically the same thing, but I used transparent black, which began to peel only a couple months after I did it. :( How has your job held up against time, and what do you use to protect it?

Thanks,

J520

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hmmm wet sanding, I'm not familiar with that? What is it? BTW don't get me wrong, that's one of the tightest Legends I've ever seen.

Later
j520

·
Registered
299 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Page

pYmpdaddi said:

Jason, the black is tight. I was thinking about doing the same thing, but my car is rosewood brown. (see pic below) I will probably use rosewood brown on the lights too, since I bought a can last year for some touchups. Do you think this will work(bright enough) AND look good(clean look)? BTW is wetsanding necessary with shades lighter than black and how many coats did you use?
Are you asking me? I used transparent black so the light would shine through. I don't see how the light can even get through if you use a touch up paint designed to be opaque. I also wouldn't have the first idea on how to do this, either. I used about 4-5 coats (can't remember) of the transparent paint and then 2 coats of gloss.

Let me know if I can be of any more help...

Oh yeah, btw, what would you use to clear coat the paint after you paint it? I'm thinking about doing this again, but want it to be permenant this time

Later...

j520

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.